• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • canopy
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Been a while since I’ve posted on here. Not been able to get out on my MTB since my entry to #teamdad a couple weeks ago. (and it’s a boy, so he’ll be raised right! ;))

I’d been toying with the idea of a Zwift set up when this post was first created, now I’m sure I’m going to have to.

I have a TV and Mac Mini in the right location. I’m short a bike / and smart trainer.

– What’s the best value trainer with all the important features (I can get a perk deal through work for 10% off the price on the TACX T2240 from halfords) (sub 200 would be good)

– I quite like the idea of using a retro/vintage road bike (I’d never been seen dead on it outside the house..) – Is that a bad idea? (Budget < 100 quid)

weeksy

For the love of jeez that nearly killed me.

Wbr 4 lap let neon classique.

Jumped off the line nicely and held with the AB group with ease, right until the kick at horse guards, then boom, 5.5 everywhere, well apart from me! Got dropped and from then in it was a solo 1.5 laps, pushing hard and holding the 4 guys behind me at 50s. Peak of 1:03 and they pulled back to 43s at one stage.
    I then caught a B and we worked well for a bit, sharing turns on the front, he was towing me on incline, I was dragging him along on flats. I think I spent more time on front overall.
    The group pulled me back to about 20s with a late push, but I wasn’t giving up, put my head down with 1.5km to go and just held 3.5 to the line, not sure if they closed at all, but I think it was a decent gap.
    Sadly there was a C in the main group ahead of AB but I’m wondering if he’ll get DQ

Average hr of 171! That was tough!

eemy
    Free Member

That was OK I thought, especially compared to my last few races. Stayed with them until the end, but had no sprint in me. I’ll get them next time.

I don’t like that only your race group (A, B, C….) shows on the timing screen. It’d be better if it went back to showing everyone in the race regardless of their Cat.

weeksy

Yes it was weird seeing the B on screen but not on list, so I couldn’t see when he was sitting in and when he was pushing on etc.

blader1611
    Free Member

Yeah i did the EVR race this morning (50km) and it took me a while to realise that it was now only showing my category. Sadly for me i thought i was ripping the field apart when i saw no cat a riders till i twigged. Tough race this morning, some rather quick cat b riders but i ended up 4th and avg 278w over 50km is probably one of my best efforts. I really wish i could find a reasonably (that means cheap) priced bluetooth HR monitor, found a few but they dont get good reviews and i have no idea if they are compatible with zwift.

jam-bo

Jumped in on the kiss second base race, got caught napping at the start as I was messing around with settings and there they were you see, gone.

blitz

Just did the KISS second base too. This warm up lap business is confusing?! It’s says it’s going to be 3 laps but then there’s a warm up before the 3 laps start. Not sure what you’re supposed to do on the warm up so I just treated it as a 4 lap race! Did a lot better than last time. Managed to catch a few wheels and had a cracking sprint battle at the end which I managed to hold the guy off. Think I might have just sneaked 3rd after DQs with bang on the 2.4w/kg limit.

jam-bo

Warm-up lap is bullshit. Made that mistake first London race I did. Lap 1 is to the mall banner and then 2 laps after that.

MrPottatoHead

Just did my first race and feeling like crap now-seem to have left my hamstrings in another dimension! I caught everyone napping at the start and found myself in the lead for all of about 50yards before I realise I’d gone off too hard. 1 good lap followed by 3 bad ones as I turned my legs into knots. Can I view the leaderboard after I’ve quit out?

weeksy
    MrPottatoHead

Thanks, can see the race and the riders that were around my but my result isn’t showing 🙁

weeksy

Can sometimes take a while, or look near the bottom on the, you see a little down arrow, try that.

Which race?

MrPottatoHead

WBR 4 Lap Flat RACE at 8:30pm. Didn’t realise I needed a ZwiftPower account so have just created that and linked to Strava. Hopefully I can now get it to update with my data.

Poopscoop

Zwiftpower account, what exactly is that?

I’ve not got one for sure! 😀

Poopscoop

Poopscoop – Member

Zwiftpower account, what exactly is that?

I’ve not got one for sure!

Ah…. I see now. Im gradually getting there!

jam-bo

shame the organisation of race results hasnt improved since march…

mossimus
    Free Member

Just did KISS 2 laps box hill race couldn’t hang with the bunch on the flat never mind on the hill.. Over 100 riders in C. Have KISS got there act together since Spring regarding finalising results?

weeksy

Well i’m a little confused now.

As well as emailing Wahoo recently i pinged off a mail to Wiggle, who have now arranged to collect the Kickr Snap tomorrow. Whether that’s for replacement or repair, i’m a little vague as they’ve not replied since, just arranged the courier to collect.
    So as of tomorrow i’m turboless ! EEeeeeek.

Lets hope it’s not for a long time !

jam-bo

Have KISS got there act together since Spring regarding finalising results?

nope, still not finalised from sunday, i’ve still got a UPG as its not picked up my weight properly. remember now why i didn’t do many KISS races.

crosshair
    Free Member

I’m positive there is a reason why the same guy who runs Zwiftpower and KISS doesn’t finalise his results quickly.

Nothing to do with undermining the rival CVR rankings system that relies on Zwiftpower to collate results of course 😉

Still quicker than British Cycling 😆

muggomagic

1st race done (that I’ve finished anyway). Did the WBR race at 5:05. Entered category D. Finished 3rd and that’s with dropping the chain 4 times (new chain and cassette sat in the garage) one of which meant I had to stop and untangle it don’t think it would’ve made any difference to the result as the 2 in front finished around 3-5 minutes ahead of me. They had an ave over 3 w/kg so it’s a moral victory for me 🙂
    Quite enjoyed it definitely more fun than just pedalling around for an hour.

crosshair
    Free Member

Awesome! Well done 🙂

scaredypants

They had an ave over 3 w/kg so it’s a moral victory for me

you’ll be getting a gold cup soon enough then – assuming you don’t also get bumped

muggomagic

I was 2.39 w/kg the results paid said their results would stand as that race is configured to allow it or something. It was good for me as it shows I’m a bit off being able to race Cat C so it’s something to aim for. Got to get the chain and cassette replaced before the next one though. Bloody annoying not being able to stand up and power on climbs.

weeksy

Lots and lots of congratulations!

MrPottatoHead

Race number 2 out the way. Tried the Kiss 10 Mile TT. Much more to my liking – just stick it in a big gear and grind to the finish line! Its honestly the best I’ve felt in a long time and nice to just be able to turn myself inside out without real world interruptions.

Not sure about the power data – result feels a little optimistic but will see how it compares to data over the next few weeks.

weeksy

Out on the local roads/lanes today. Wasn’t the climbiest route ever, but had a couple of hills to keep my average down a bit, but i managed a respectable 15.1mph for the ride, which i’m more than happy with considering it was a 29er 😆

blader1611
    Free Member

That is a pretty impressive weeksy.

I did Watopia Hilly this morning but in reverse and i have to say its far easier than the normal way round. Sadly for me though i didnt realise it was reverse so i let the lead bunch get ahead by a few secs thinking the big hill was coming up. Once i realised what was going on i couldnt get back to the bunch, rookie error. Ended up in a good bunch which pulled in a few stragglers and then to make up for my rookie error i planned my attack for the last downhill. Executed it to perfection, used an aero on the downhill to gain a 3 second lead and just poured everything i had in to the last 0.9km and ended up beating the group by 5 seconds to claim 4th.

weeksy

4th, damn fine work.

Must admit, It was weird being outside and not having power and HR to hand to gauge my efforts. If felt at times harder than Zwift and at times easier than Zwift too. It was a decent 90 min ride though before the rain. Although it was a bit head down and pedal rather than being out and smelling the flowers.

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – did you find it strange having to use your handlebars to turn?

weeksy

Lol nah, was fine with that side of things. It’s only because Mrs Weeksy was away for 3 weeks I’ve zwifted constantly, now my Snap is in a DPD van going to Wiggle it’s either outside or nothing.
    Swinley on Sat and the next couple of Sundays too.

crosshair
    Free Member

Did a cheeky KISS race this evening on that same 4xhilly reverse. I’m definitely out of my comfort zone up that bad boy 😆

107 starters in B! I managed to hold with the front group until the climb and then some solo guys got away. Still, I eventually crested the rise in the lead chase group.
    I happened to review a race of mine on the same course on Strava earlier (couldn’t remember my time up that hill) and it was 4.16 on lap one and a few seconds slower each time.
    So I knew we were motoring on lap 1 with a 3.58!

I had ‘mined’ myself an Aero during warmup with a view to trying Blader’s tactic but I was in trouble on lap one and used it to close a gap to make sure I held the lead group.
    I had a good run of PU’s too with two feathers and a draft boost thus giving me one every lap.

Anyway, we held together and gradually caught everyone off the front.

Innovation had a HUGE team who seemed to be bossing things.

Each lap the lead group got whittled down until about 25 remained.

With Innovation looking so strong, I attacked out of the Esses and got a gap down towards the sprint but it was soon closed.

Over the bridge before the final climb and BOOM! Innovation attacked way before the KOM start line. I tried to cling but was spat out by the steepest part.

I spent the rest of the way up tickling my muscles with lactic burn. Pushing then easing then pushing again.
    With the KOM banner in sight, I launched an attack and had 60m or so lead on our chase group into the downhill.

Hitting the bottom, the gap was shrinking fast so I just sat at 4-450w and braced myself. 0.7 miles to go or rather just under a lap of Hillingdon 😀

Bob Mcglue was gaining fast so I had to start ramping up. Sadly he had an aero and overtook right on the line!! Gutted!!!!!

Well pleased with 15/107 starters though 🙂

weeksy

That’s mighty impressive for a big guy in B on a hilly route. Were you the best placed at your sort of weight?
    Given you a taste for more indoors?

crosshair
    Free Member

I swapped out a workout for it so I’m actually feeling guilty 😉

There were guys similarish weights to me but more interesting is the w/kg. I finished on 3.4 and everyone around me was higher, 3.7 or more.
    That’s partly due to being bigger of course but I think also down to efficiency. Like closing gaps for example, I only do just enough to get back into the draft and once it’s clear I have the momentum- I stop pedalling momentarily and then try and match the wattage of the group. It’s so easy to blow right through when you panic.

All I hear on FB is that it’s only a good TT simulator- it’s not polarised enough to represent a Crit. But I think that must be becsuse of people choosing to turn down the trainer difficulty and ride at one Cadence.
    I think it’s very very realistic now- and B Cat is as hard as a 3/4 at Hillingdon.

crosshair
    Free Member

Lol! Bob McGlue who trounced me in the sprint is a strong 3rd Cat who won one of Nath’s early Cat 4’s at Hillingdon back in the winter series.
    Shows my guess about the kind of level it represents is pretty close too.

weeksy

Gentle one today of 30km and only about 12ish mph, just wanted a nice little cruise really as i’ve got Swinley planned tomorrow arvo, so wanted to keep something in the legs for that. Just took things nice and easy. It was tough at one stage as a roadie came past me, i rekon i could have hung with him for at least a little bit if i’d pushed… but would have been properly tough and that wasn’t what i wanted for the day.

Nice day, warmish and not too windy.

jam-bo

WBR C’s 3 laps hilly was interesting. 5th on track, might get a gold cup on DQ’s…

jam-bo

No DQ’s based in W/kg on WBR races. First rider under the category limit so I’m taking that as a moral victory. 😉

jam-bo
    scaredypants

Well done Jam bo – playing the game nicely at 3.1 there !

I was all set to do the 9.05 WBR this morning. It was listing 4 starters in B (me included) when I looked at 8.30 so I dropped out & went to work early ( 😯 )

Ended up with ONE rider left in B (2 promoted to A and one DQ)

I thought numbers were supposed to be up again after summer

Viewing 40 posts - 5,041 through 5,080 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.