• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • crosshair
    Free Member

Skip to 40mins where the coverage gets a bit better but Tim Cartwright- WOW! Watching him serenely pumping out 5.5w/kg whilst the others thrash themselves silly is brilliant!

[video]https://youtu.be/YoZzYtZqB6k[/video]

blader1611
    Free Member

He does make it look quite effortless. What size chainsets are they using?

njee20
    Free Member

How would that change anything? 99% of pros use 53/39.

weeksy

SLightly non-Zwift question here… but i guess related.

As you may have seen, i’ve been away in Spain and riding last week. Was 7 days straight of 3-6 hours per days riding. Around 1200m climbing average per day… My legs felt OK on the way home, but are still now feeling pretty heavy ! How long should i expect to need to recover after a week like that ? Should i hit Zwift/outdoors now or give it a few more days recovery ?

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – if you were any kind of a man i would say ten minutes is more than enough rest, get zwifting! 😀

Njee – i was just asking purely from a speed perspective,

weeksy

🙂

To start with, there’s not really anything in the events that’s jumping out at me anyway. Possibly the KISS 2nd base at 8pm, but that’s all that has any appeal.

I was thinking of taking the Parkwood outside for a fairly gentle one too. But i fixed my leaky fuel tank on the KTM at the weekend so was also considering that for my daily 2 wheel fix.

blader1611
    Free Member

On a serious note i would give yourself a couple of days of rest and eating. No harm in giving your muscles a rest, you might come back stronger for it.
    I am going to do the zwift race at 9.30am or possibly the Teamodz at 13:15 which has a neutral start which i quite like. The weather here in Leeds is awful so no real world riding today.

njee20
    Free Member

Njee – i was just asking purely from a speed perspective,

Ah, negligible difference frankly. Unless you’re using 22/32 and 12-32 or something!

nathb
    Free Member

Weeksy if you’re using the turbo then 30-60 mins max per day at 50% FTP and high cadence – should have your legs sorted in a couple of days.

blader1611
    Free Member

Just done zwift race and finished 3rd and only a bike length behind second,best result so far. It was a good sized field but i think there was a lack of cat A riders.
    I deleted my ftp score as that was always skewed by my early days running a dumb trainer. So my new ftp based on the zwift race is 294w, no idea whether that is good,bad or average but it was hard work.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Was 7 days straight of 3-6 hours per days riding. Around 1200m climbing average per day… My legs felt OK on the way home, but are still now feeling pretty heavy ! How long should i expect to need to recover after a week like that ?

Kinda depends on how deep you had to go each day and how well you recover.
    Short easy spins as recommended by nathb above, but don’t be surprised if it takes 1-2 weeks for legs to feel fresh again.

weeksy

All days were fairly tough, but it was more the time/elevation rather than massive HRs every minute of every day. There were moments, 15 mins sessions where you’d hit the high HRs/efforts, One day was proper tough with 2 hours up in the high HRs and climbing..

Today i did 35 mins at a max of 110bpm on the HRs and around 1.5w/kg generally. Wasn’t terribly exciting, but worked well for me i hope.

Started back on the Horizon 5-2 after a few weeks off it.

weeksy

blader1611 – Member

Just done zwift race and finished 3rd and only a bike length behind second,best result so far. It was a good sized field but i think there was a lack of cat A riders.
    I deleted my ftp score as that was always skewed by my early days running a dumb trainer. So my new ftp based on the zwift race is 294w, no idea whether that is good,bad or average but it was hard work.

The obvious answer based upon your XC results and Zwift results is… pretty damn good 🙂

Funnily, i think mine is 295w. But i’m carrying a chunk more weight than you of course.

blader1611
    Free Member

Did the KISS aussie crit race this morning and it was a huge field, biggest i have been in for a long while. It was the volcano crit cww course and just dont like it, i can never seem to get a rythym going and its advertised as flat but i find it rather lumpy.
    How do people know other racers are using zpower, is there an icon or something?
    Also does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP bluetooth hr monitor that is compatible with zwift on ipad?

crosshair
    Free Member

There is a lightening icon next to your name on the right if you are using a Smart trainer or Power meter.

Was that the East or West one? I think Jesper did ZCL commentary?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Also does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP bluetooth hr monitor that is compatible with zwift on ipad?

How cheap? Loads of cheap ones on Amazon, just search for bluetooth HR monitor (e.g. 20 quid here). Decathlon do one that does BLE and ANT+ for 30 quid.

blader1611
    Free Member

Crosshair – It was the East one and i did see some comments about commentary but i ignored it as i didnt know what they were talking about. I ended up over 4 minutes behind the winner so dont think i would have got a mention anyway.

zilog6128

Did the KISS aussie crit race this morning and it was a huge field

Are the Aussies, etc all doing their winter training now and boosting the numbers on Zwift?

crosshair
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/F9WuOO2kmm4[/video]

blader1611
    Free Member

The guy who leads out the start and gets mentioned by Jesper was Drew Ginn who i actually raced with just behind the main group for a large chunk of the race but we dropped him later on. The first 2 minutes of that race i was about 3 seconds behind them, i missed the start by a second or two and i couldnt bridge the gap. I normally can go a bit further at the start at top pace but my legs went and i wasnt really mentally ready to push it, no warm up may have been a factor. If i had known it was being filmed i probably would have gone for it.

crosshair
    Free Member

Lol! I love watching the TFC stream live and the KISS ones when I do them.
    Even though there’s a piddling little audience of the same five geeks ( 😉 ) it somehow spurs you on and those fleeting mentions from Nathan are worth at least 10w average 😆

blader1611
    Free Member

I am sure if my name was mentioned i would be telling everyone what a cycling god i am. How do you find out what races are being streamed? I fancy going in one and sprinting off the front for as long as i can and then dropping off in a ball of flaming thigh burn.

weeksy

I found out the answer to “How much recovery after a week of tough riding”…. The answer is…. “more”.. Went out last night at QECP, just for a fairly gentle one but with a bit of effort thrown in….My legs felt garbage and unlike other rides, they didn’t improve as time passed, they just felt worse… I even got a stitch trying to climb.

Couple of days off i think !

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – are you eating properly? Rest/recovery is only fully done when you have the right fuel/nutrients for your body. Any fasting days after tough exercise should not be counted as rest days.

weeksy

I fasted Monday, but i’m not planning on fasting for the rest of this week now after last nights performance.

crosshair
    Free Member

Bladder- their schedule is mainly on Facebook but it’s generally the same races each week.
    The two main KISS races, TFC on Friday, an SZR I think, ODZ (although that’s a little separate with a Chris Haskell I think) and of course the E Crits.
    Nathan does the peak EU races and Jesper does whichever ones he’s told to 😆

http://zwiftcommunitylive.com

epicsteve
    Free Member

I recorded a walk at lunchtime on my Vivoactive HR as I was checking the distance of a potential running loop from the office. When I checked it on Strava later I was surprised just how many flybys there were, until I realised most of them were virtual ones on Zwift, as my office is near the river at Blackfriars so right on the London Zwift course.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought I’d drop by to read up on the new London routes. Everyone been out already enjoying the sunshine?

(Sure crosshair will be along in a minute with a lengthy detailed report 😉 )

njee20
    Free Member

until I realised most of them were virtual ones on Zwift, as my office is near the river at Blackfriars so right on the London Zwift course.

Surely you don’t get virtual flybys mixed in with real life, never seen that before.

atlaz
    Free Member

Surely you don’t get virtual flybys mixed in with real life, never seen that before.

I don’t see how you couldn’t really. As far as Strava is concerned you rode in a certain geographic location at a certain time. Obviously if you’re doing Box Hill in Zwift it won’t show up as a flyby for people on the real Box Hill as the Zwift geography doesn’t work like that but in central London it’s bang on.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Weird that. I’d always assumed that Strava recognised rides as zwift virtual ones and treated them differently somehow. Assumed this was how Watopia worked and that it wasn’t a real place but in fact it is!

Notice it doesn’t give you the option to correct the elevation on a zwift ride and flatten box hill, so assume it must know to treat it differently somehow.

crosshair
    Free Member

They get saved as ‘virtual rides’ though rather than a normal bike ride.
    Perhaps if you changed that to one of the real categories the rides would appear alongside the real ones!!

crosshair
    Free Member

Arrrgh. If I can squeeze it in, I may have to race KISS EU at 8pm to help a slight calorie crisis 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

May join you. Mrs B is out so I’ll be on the turbo. Had planned a hard session today and a zwift race would fit the bill… but have annoyingly caught the kids sore throat. Doubly annoying as have a fair bit of real world racing coming up and my form seems to good. With a real race on Sunday I can’t decide whether to take it a bit easier tonight or just crack on 😕

crosshair
    Free Member

72hours out- 18.5miles of Zwift Racing should be just the tonic 🙂

Or make you too ill to race for real 😆

Careful with your power or you’ll get ZADA’d 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Or make you too ill to race for real

TBH I’m not sure it’ll make much difference, I may just crack on.

Careful with your power or you’ll get ZADA’d

This did put me off doing one of the TT the other night 😀 I’ll have to look into that.

njee20
    Free Member

They get saved as ‘virtual rides’ though rather than a normal bike ride.
    Perhaps if you changed that to one of the real categories the rides would appear alongside the real ones!!

That would seem more likely. Definitely doesn’t mix the two otherwise. Zwift London Flybys no non-Zwift people there and real world ride with no Zwifters.

crosshair
    Free Member

@MrB As soon as you tell them which club you’re in, they’ll know you’re legit 😆

Besides, a man with as many Power reading devices as yourself should have no problem with verification 😉 😀

nathb
    Free Member

I should have joined, using the commuter at the moment so back with vortex power 😆

Liking the new route – it has people walking and cheering. They even take out umbrellas when it starts raining!

crosshair
    Free Member

Who was that in the B Race then? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.