• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,441 through 4,480 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • nathb
    Free Member

@mrblobby have you made your strava profile public? If its set to private it wont work.

4.65w/kg is epic, you should have joined last night!!

weeksy

I’m in for the WBR at 10.05 if anyone fancies it. Just had mate cancel ride tonight, so i’m hitting the turbo for a session.

mrblobby
    Free Member

@mrblobby have you made your strava profile public? If its set to private it wont work.

Well the other race I did shows all the data and the strava link (here). Not sure why this one wouldn’t. Odd.

4.65w/kg is epic, you should have joined last night!!

First half of the race was pretty steady, second half was a bit harder 😉

I’m in for the WBR at 10.05 if anyone fancies it. Just had mate cancel ride tonight, so i’m hitting the turbo for a session.

Easy one for me today, proper real life racing tomorrow hopefully. Go smash it weeksy 🙂

weeksy

it would be an easy one for you at my 3.0

ferrals
    Free Member

Completely off topic, but this seems to have taken over from TR as the turbo thread. Is anyone using a carbon bike on the turbo? Might be switching my cx bike for a better version but as it gets used for turbo as well I’m wondering if carbon on a turbo is asking for trouble in terms of stresses and frame fatigue

mrblobby
    Free Member

Interesting one ferrals. I know loads of people who use their carbon bike on the turbo and I don’t know of anyone who’s had a problem with it. Having said that, I probably wouldn’t use one on there long term (though I do warm up for TT with the carbon race bike on the turbo.) Just read enough to sow seeds of concern. Cheap turbo mule is the way to go IMO.

blader1611
    Free Member

I was too late seeing this and i ended up doing the 9.05 race. I finished 9th in a time of 1hr 6s so i shall see how that compares to you weeksy. I was inspired by nathans ride last night and his ability to throw down some big watts in the middle of laps to keep at the front of the race,it was impressive and i adopted the same policy. Only 3 cat A riders got away and to be honest i didnt see them go until too late so i vowed no other rider was going to get away, ended up in a sprint finish with 1A rider and a big bunch of B’s. i reckon i could start vying for podium finishes in B class now,deffo closer to them now.
    Thanks for the ride on nath.

ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers mrblobby, I agree re the cheapo turbo bike, unfortuately i doubt my better half does 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Gonna do the one at 13.05 as long as I have time to go and fit a tyre onto the Madone! Feeling knackered after a stupidly wet commute yesterday, so will likely be straight out the back!

Completely off topic, but this seems to have taken over from TR as the turbo thread. Is anyone using a carbon bike on the turbo?

Yep, I use a 2004 Madone SL on the turbo (and used it outside until last week too, so it still gets ‘proper’ use), only a 1050g frame too, which given its age probably makes it pretty ropey, never had a sniff of trouble with it. Given Trek’s lifetime warranty I kinda wish it would break.

Great result Nath, interesting analysis too, can’t believe that watching the video is as engaging as it is, but I always enjoy it!

weeksy

I’ve run a carbon Isaac plenty on it with no issues. These days I mostly run on the parkwood 29er.

Today as usual I found things really hard. I went off too early with the fast lads, once I got dropped I was on no mans land on my own. But the B and C boys were closing so I slightly soft pedalled and waited. We then did another 2 and a bit laps together before I lost the wheels on a slight kick. Once I went off I tried a sprint to make up the gap but it was all over. Hung out to dry for a final solo lap.

My race time for interest seems to have been 1:06:21

beej

Carbon Scott CR1 on the turbo for me, at least 2 years now. Also main outside training bike in the summer. No issues at all.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?id=2783035

Here’s all that’s bad about Zwift racing.. This was one of the guys who marked himself as a C…

Look at his weights…

50-60-40-50-60kg

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yo-yo dieter 🙂

eemy
    Free Member

Look at his weights…

50-60-40-50-60kg Looks like he was 75kg for today’s race. You should have had him no bother.

weeksy

LOL i wish… he was an absolute beast on the hills… and mostly overall too, he was one of the main 2 riders leading our group until they blew me apart.
    Admittedly, my stats for today look on the wrong side of rubbish though, 4 laps is beyond my peak and requires me either to start slower or go into it more rested, not sure, maybe a bit of both 🙂

eemy
    Free Member

4 laps is tough. I’ve been sticking to one lap races which are good fun, but I should do more of the longer ones – and occasionally hilly ones as well.

njee20
    Free Member

Typically I didn’t make it to the 13.05, so I’ll do the 16.05 instead! Why do WBR do so many of the same race in a day, particularly at this time of year when fields are smaller!? Why not either do different courses, or consolidate races.

weeksy

Tis a good question. Answer is, i don’t really know. But yeah, 50% of the fields with twice the riders would be a far far better idea.

Although i think if you look, it’s also the fact that a lot of people just don’t race, look at some of the social/group rides around the same time as a race and they’ll have 4x the riders starting them. I’m not really sure why or what the answer to that is…maybe quite simple, many people just want a ride around.

njee20
    Free Member

Or at least do one flat, one hilly, one volcano, one mountain or something.

I’d forgotten how tight Conti Turbo tyres were, have just wrestled one on!

ferrals
    Free Member

beej – Member

Carbon Scott CR1 on the turbo for me, at least 2 years now. Also main outside training bike in the summer. No issues at all.

weeksy – Member

I’ve run a carbon Isaac plenty on it with no issues

njee20 – Member

Yep, I use a 2004 Madone SL on the turbo (and used it outside until last week too, so it still gets ‘proper’ use), only a 1050g frame too, which given its age probably makes it pretty ropey, never had a sniff of trouble with it. Given Trek’s lifetime warranty I kinda wish it would break.

Cheers all, looking at a Trek Boone actually so the lifetime warranty say I’ll be fine 🙂

Now to square it with the Mrs 😳

nathb
    Free Member

I use my racing bike for Zwift, I just ignore the flex below 😆

njee20
    Free Member

2nd in the bunch and 4th overall on the WBR flat. Won by Belgium’s Rio 2016 triathlete, he was quite strong.

Had that thing where it drops out for 15 seconds or so (feels like about 3 hours) then puts you back just behind the bunch. Unbelievably annoying!

scaredypants

Had that thing where it drops out for 15 seconds or so (feels like about 3 hours) then puts you back just behind the bunch. Unbelievably annoying!

It is but if you can get back on somehow, zwiftpower thinks you’re 15 secs ahead of them

njee20
    Free Member

Interesting, it didn’t for me, I just accelerated when it happened and hoped for the best. First time I was only 1 second down, second time I was 4 seconds down, but just managed to get back on!

scaredypants

Ah – when it happened to me I was placed ahead of a guy who outsprinted me and the lad a bit up the road from him. Assumed that was the reason but maybe coincidence

Does zwift award bonus yards for awesomeness ? 8)

njee20
    Free Member

Haha, must be! no, we had about 10 in the bunch sprint, but it seems accurate to tenths of a second. Shame, I’d have liked the extra 15 seconds!

On the plus side I now show as winning, 1st was DQd for >5w/kg, 2nd had no HRM and 3rd was a Cat B.

Got me a red box for my HR too at 197!

scaredypants

FFS! I am officially shit at bunch racing

Just done the EVR race. Yet again lost the front group when the rider in front of me lost a wheel (he turned out to be a catA rider who dropped me and rode back on from 30 sec down – bastard!)

From a 41km race I did about 25 as a solo TT 🙄 Very nearly quit; I’m CROSS

(thanks for the thumbs, whoever that was – 2 at least, I think)

Do people use races for some sort of interval training ?
    Some weird behaviour: 2 riders behind me took a minute or more out of me, each solo and at different times. 1st one I waited up for to see if we could pair up and chase but he blew past me at 6w/kg and then immediately sat right up, dropped off by a minute and then did the same again.
    Second one caught me for 2 minutes in the final 10k, actually got ahead of me but I got him at the finish.

njee20
    Free Member

I gave you a ride on, frustrating circumstances by the sound of it!

scaredypants

cheers njee

over it now 😉 , and at least the results have amused me this morning – 74 starters, 25 in the results list and the guy who “won” catD is listed at 4.21 w/kg (I think he may be the one I beat on the line after he caught me up, though his time is very different)

blader1611
    Free Member

Just did the cat A P race 50km, managed to stay with the lead group for 3 laps but the last lap was too much. I ended up 10th ( guy in 9th will be dq’d i am sure), 2.23min behind the winner,pretty pleased with that. The volcano flat course has quite a few rises in it which is where i dropped off just before the end of lap 3.

scaredypants

Well done blader

I’ve just been for a bimble & Steve Cummings is out & about on there – wonder if he’ll make the TdF ?

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – Did you text him asking him to domestique for you?

weeksy

LOL confused… Why would i have his number ? I don’t know every Scouser in the world.

blader1611
    Free Member

I meant text him via zwift.

weeksy

I’ve been at Afan all day buddy.

weeksy

Anyone else for the 4pm zhr? Going to ride while watching Liverpool game

blader1611
    Free Member

Rest day for me as i will be riding In the big wide world tomorrow doing some hill climbing repetitions.

weeksy

Great race, lost draft 6.5 laps in. Tried my best though! Tough weekends riding that !

pahoehoe
    Free Member

If you cancelled for summer check your credit card statements. I cancelled 24/2/17 and have been charged March April May even though I received a cancellation email.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=7381

Weird race result. Only me and one other fella inside Cat limits lol. However they don’t seem to be being penalised

Viewing 40 posts - 4,441 through 4,480 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.