• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • scaredypants

Update – 150w (my trainer’s meter is supposedly reliable) on zwift keeps 77kg at around 31-33 kmh on the flat

nathb
    Free Member

Ha Richmond park is Zwift – even has the random people glitching out by:
    Coming at you on the wrong side of the road
    Random U turns in front (one of which took me out last year)
    Ignoring traffic rules such as give way at roundabouts or even go around them on the correct side of the road

Also:
    Looking pro but going real slow
    No talking
    No checking out what’s behind you

The more I think about it the more I think it’s real life Zwift!

weeksy

Very much on schedule to destroy my longest ever month, currently on 702km for March, with my PR being 710km for Dec 2016. I’ll problably jump on tonight for a gentle one, despite having tired legs. But i’m off on the KTM to Silverstone GP on Weds, so that counts Tues out, Weds out and potentially Thurs out … So a gentle one later this arvo i think. Sadly there’s no decent events to race in later.

weeksy

Woo and am indeed hop!

ODZ C cat win!

Assuming nothing changes anyway.

Plan was to have an easy one as I did 45 mins pre race and have tired legs. But I was in a group of C riders and pulled away on box hill. Thought I’d carry on then. Saw a other C aged but felt he’d be a DQ anyway so ignored him. Got passed by a C then retook him on box and left him for dead.

Cruised the last few km to victory

epicsteve
    Free Member

Well done!

Might go on Zwift later but it’ll just be an easy spin as my legs are still tired from a tougher than usual weekend including fighting the wind on the club ride yesterday.

weeksy

I saw 14st 10.0 today on the scale. Which takes me to a new ‘best ever adult weight’ along with being 2st pretty much exactly since starting on Zwift and training a little more seriously.

I still don’t have or use a ‘plan’ as such, i just ride as i want, how i can and how i feel. It’s slightly more structured now in the context that i’m trying to ride longer and slower, but todays race kind of blows that one out of the water.

My target and goal still stands, which is 14st 7lb by the 3rd June when we fly out to Andalucia. I now feel that with just 3lb to go, this is well within my potential. If/when i manage to hit that goal i will readjust my target and likely want it to be 14st 0 (This was my holiday planned weight for August).

I’m still using the Horizon 5-2 diet of 2 days fasting, the other 5 days i think would make many people quake in their boots at the rubbish i consume…. but it’s just me

gray

Well done weeksy. Losing two stones is no mean feat. I’m impressed.

blitz

Back on Zwift tonight after a couple of weeks off with a broken rear wheel on my bike. Was aiming for the EVR race but missed it sorting the kids so jumped on the Kiss first base in Cat D. Got into a nice group who stayed together for most of the race and ended finishing 3rd. Good way to get back on it.

weeksy

Good work Blitz…. a podium is always nice and well earned 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Anyone doing the ZTR race this evening? I’ve not done a Zwift race in a while but was toying with entering the Cat-D one.

greentricky
    Free Member

My zwift properly shit the bed tonight mid workout which was frustrating, think my computer doesn’t like the warmer weather, might need another fan…

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Well done, weeksy and blitz, good to see STW in the results. I managed 4th in last night’s ZHR TT, which is better than my outdoor TTs so far this year. Off to Flanders for the weekend and some proper outdoor rides.

beej

Of course, Zwift is no good for real training.

[video]https://youtu.be/7dBpdDlHDKw[/video]

epicsteve
    Free Member

I did a WBR 4-lap flat race last night. There weren’t many entered by the looks of it but I think I won Cat-D (I might even have been the only one in Cat-D that actually finished though) however it all seems to have gone horribly wrong in Zwiftpower as it’s currently only appearing to show the guy that finished 12th (1 place in front of me) as the overall winner and then everyone else as not doing the full distance (that chap did an extra lap).

Quite a lonely ride – I was riding with another guy for the first lap but he then blew up on the climb out of the tunnel and barely saw anyone after that, not even other riders not in the race as it was in the reverse direction so very quiet.

weeksy

I hate it when that happens ! It’s a shame if you don’t get the full results really.

I’m not Zwifting today, i was at Silverstone yesterday on the KTM, first of the year on track and woke up twice with calf cramp in the night last night, so makes sense to take today off cycling.

njee20
    Free Member

Quite excited about another race tomorrow! Reckon I’ll give the WBR hilly a go at 13.20, not really done a hilly race. Struggling with climbs in the real world currently, hopefully won’t translate to the virtual world!

blader1611
    Free Member

I won EVR cat C race yesterday (i should be in B class but with a slight quad strain i decided to go easy) but it is really telling that this side of the planet is now entering good weather as the numbers in races have dropped off quite a lot. I regularly ride and talk to the MGCC race leader and he reckons the last 2 weeks numbers have dropped over 50%.

weeksy

Yeah you can see it when you look for upcoming events too and there’s 4-5 riders in a race… rather than 20-30. It’s a shame in some ways from that perspective, but i’m glad that winter has broken mostly and on it’s way out.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I hate it when that happens ! It’s a shame if you don’t get the full results really.

The WBR guys think it all went wrong due to the races being run in the reverse direction as they had problems with several other races the same day. Anyway they’ve sorted it now and it does show me as winning Cat-D – even if there were only 2 of us in Cat-D that actually finished. I ended up a couple of minutes behind the last Cat-C guy and 7 minutes ahead of the only other Cat-D finisher. Still, a win’s a win! Given the lack of company it was more of a training ride than anything else as after the first lap I realised there was no chance of anyone coming from behind to catch-me, and very little chance I was going to catch anyone else so just cruised around at 200W or so for the remaining 3 laps.

scaredypants

I

think it all went wrong due to the races being run

too bloody fast!

dropped on the hill – again, 2nd lap of 4. TT’d in ahead of second bunch but miles behind the grown-ups.

Mid-Table Mediocrity once again

Still, loads of recent STW trophies so I’ll just bask in that

scaredypants

WAIT:

meant to say, the race was a trisport-way one and as far as I could see, only “B” racers were visible to me (I think I’d have noticed A.dam Yates ORICA) ! – though I doubt it was the real one) AND we all magically had the same kit on at the start pen

Intriguing, Meester Bond – was it able to read the B in my name and sort things out from there ? I liked it

njee20
    Free Member

They did do some update yesterday, not seen what it includes.

nathb
    Free Member

I just latched onto the back of the KISS race, was chilling with the Cs. There was at least 20 Cs there…

Several wrong turns later I ended up going up the Volcano, beating my PB by .5 of a second.

njee20
    Free Member

Did the WBR 3 lap hilly today, 38 starters, didn’t feel any quieter. I got stupidly hot in the garage though, may have to wait until it gets colder again!

8th, ended up in the second group, front two chipped off, couldn’t go with them. Good fun. Not sure I actually like my turbo doing the resistance, feels like I’m fighting the gear all the time.

blader1611
    Free Member

I did the wbr 4 laps of watopia flat and there were only 18 of us! I managed 5th but it was one of the best races in a long time, only 3 in a group but going at a really good tempo. One of the group decided to go for it on the last lap so i decided a team Sky style slow catch up was in order, i hauled him with about 30 metres to go, perfectly timed sprint.

weeksy

816km in March, about 60% of that was on the mountain bike outdoors.

Passed 2000km for the year too.

Had a cracking ride with a mate, trails, forest, forest, trails, 50km and great coffee and cake mix ride. Lovely evening and fun at night. Epic!

markgraylish
    Free Member

I’ve packed up my turbo…

Hopefully? it won’t see the light of day again til at least November.
    Real world riding only now! Yay!

scaredypants

Not sure I actually like my turbo doing the resistance, feels like I’m fighting the gear all the time.

you can still set it to pair as a dumb power meter/trainer if you want, I think – at least I could with mine it I wanted

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I did have it like that. The problem I then have is that I’m in the top 1-2 gears all the time, anything >300w is 100rpm+ And it tops out about 500w, which is a pain. Oddly I found it easier to stay in the group today with it adjusting the resistance, counter intuitive.

weeksy

Oh, not sure that was a bright idea! P race at 3pm. 3 laps of volcano flat, which isn’t really flat.
    I was killed on the climbs and had to pull a group back from 4s down on 3 occasions! Which was proper proper tough.
    Ended up losing them on next one and was just me and a Canadian for a sprint, I waited until 325m and nailed it and beat him.
    12th in real time, but I expect a few to be sent home without pudding.
    Good race and tough after a 50km last evening. I’ve pulled a muscle at the bottom of my bum now lol.

scaredypants

I waited until 325m

250 man, myself – even then I’m tailing off

weeksy

Sadly, the P race results are as usual a complete farce

crosshair
    Free Member

Did you save it with the right name?

weeksy

I just used the default, out of 30+ who raced only 4 have been marked as completing course. We got the banner and distance countdown etc along with the finishing graphic.
    It’s not a major issue for me, but it’s the lack of reward from a dnf, which clearly i never.

crosshair
    Free Member

Your Strava is saved as B. Change it to C and see if you get included?

weeksy

Well there’s only 1 guy in the A race and race2 was classed by them as B not C so i left it to default, it doesn’t really matter as there’s only 4 guys who finished, so the result is not significant other than not being an enforced DNF. I think it was a distance thing rather than a filename.

crosshair
    Free Member

If you click the live tab, all looks good so it’s the Strava data throwing it out…..

crosshair
    Free Member

stumpy01

I tried a training workout thing yesterday evening. It was the SST (med) – sweet spot training apparently.

I found the 10 min warm up and warm down a bit tedious, but I guess it’s probably best to do them. My normal warm down is about a 3 minute pootle.

Initially I didn’t think it was asking me to work hard enough, but my legs were pretty whacked by the end. Weirdly, my heart rate stayed quite low for the duration (probably bounced around 143-148) with a peak of just over 150; normally the average is high 150s with a peak of high 170s.

I think I’ll probably have a proper look through them & try to fit in one a week based around where I see my weaknesses.

Oh, and scaredypants gave me a ride-on! Thanks for that, it was appreciated but by the time I worked out how to reply I seemed to have missed the opportunity!

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy – got a ride on from you but where the heck were you?

That was an interesting mgcc race, my set up was really slow to respond to my pedalling at the start so i was already 20 secs down on the group leader within about 30 secs. By box hill i was a minute down and hating the solo run but i kept churning away and by box hill on the next lap i caught up. I then had a race up there and then to the finish with a Cat A and i think he beat me by a wheel on the line. I thought i went up box hill pretty quick on the first lap but it seems yesterday i was 30 seconds quicker (7.53).
    I had a bluetooth drop out which on previous set up signalled the end of your race as you stood still but with the smart trainer it didnt affect it very much which was a god send as i was pushing.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.