Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Zwift laptop recommendations
  • supercyril
    Free Member

Family laptop is on the way out and I’d like to replace it with something that can run zwift on. There are a few offers on just now but I find the specs a bit bewildering. I would hopefully spend no more than £350.
    Has anyone bought anything recently that would suit?
    Many thanks

onehundredthidiot

My 5 year old acer can run it, so I reckon anything modern should manage.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not tried it on mine yet, but my embedded GPU really struggles with a lot of 3D stuff, so I’d say anything that has a dedicated GPU and meets the specs.

Cut’n’pasted from the Zwift site:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Memory: 4GB
    • Graphics: 1GB dedicated GPU, or embedded Intel HD 4000/AMD R5
    • Hard Drive: 4GB of free space

This?
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/refurbished-grade-a1-toshiba-l70-c-17.3-laptop-silver-a1-pskzee-00h00sen/version.asp

TPTcruiser

The Grauniad had an “ask Jack” query on best laptops for Minecraft, had some pointers towards Intel chip numbers and their graphics capabilities:
    minecraft-best-laptop

mrchrispy

mac mini maybe?

I’m going to do some research

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat so i’ll be keeping an eye on this!

The Alienware Alpha looks to tick all the boxes but its much more expensive if bought in the UK. I cant believe how much cheaper it is in the USA

Xylene
    Free Member

Never knew about Zwift – that is cool, Occulus Rift will make that very interesting.

Jason
    Free Member

I have just upgraded the computer I use with my turbo trainer to an Acer Revo One (A PC equivilant of a Mac Mini) and it works fine with Zwift. Core i5 processor with embedded Intel HD5500 graphics. I was lucky to get one at half price from ebuyer, but they look to have sold out of that model. It comes with a remote that combines a keyboard and mouse – while all the reviews critise the remote it is surprisingly useful when on the trainer. Going down this route you would also need a screen, and obviously it isn’t as portable as a laptop.

My old laptop couldn’t run Zwift due to the graphics not being up to it.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

What is the highest graphic settings possible on Zwift?

Aside from Low / Medium / High I believe there are a few more even higher settings but these are only available to select on higher end machines. Is this correct? Whats the highest possible setting and what comp spec would be needed for that?

Sorry for the slight hijack but very relevant!

supercyril
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll have a look at those options.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Zwift laptop recommendations’ is closed to new replies.