Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zwift – for the navigationally challenged….
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

So I’ve been using Zwift occasionally over the last 6 weeks or so but last night was the first time I’ve used it since they extended the original hilly route to include the longer/flatter/under-water route(!?!?).

The old route and the new route overlap but I’m not actually sure which direction arrows I’m supposed to be clicking when I get to a junction – is there a map or sign-posts anywhere! 😳

Also, their blog post suggests the direction arrows should pop up on the mobile app – I saw them on the computer monitor but not on the app. Anyone else notice this?

Next time I try, I’ll try to do a full lap one way followed by a reversed full lap rather than doing random U turns like I did last time 😳

Overall, I’m liking the extension. May even need to try out a gravel/cx bike one day for the short dirt road section… 🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

On the app the turn icons come up on the screen which has the snapshot function etc rather than the speed/distance screen if that helps?

markgraylish
    Free Member

Arhhhh, that helps. I was definitely on the wrong screen…

MikeWW
    Free Member

If you want to do the new extension only the you can select “flat” defore clicking ride or select “hilly” if you want to do the old route.

Alternatively from the start after you have traveled a short distance its left to go on the extension and left again to keep on it. Essentially the extension is on the outside of the old course ( if that makes sense)

mattjg
    Free Member

I find it’s a bit iffy if the turn buttons appear on the app or not. If they do, they replace the top 2 buttons on the screen that has all the other buttons (change view etc) on it.

To be sure, use the keyboard. I lean my keyboard on the floor against my forks so can reach it if I need to.

It’s fun how this extension makes a nice ride out of doing every part of Watopia in each direction with no repeats.

mattjg
    Free Member

Favoured route:
    * from the start to the left turn for the new bit
    * right at the end of new bit, up the reverse climb (hate that bit, it goes on ages, longest official segment in Zwift I think), down to the start, carry on anticlockwise around the Esses and cobbles to the junction with the new bit
    * then turn right, new bit in reverse, turn left at the end to do “forward climb”
    * complete the lap in clockwise direction i.e. don’t turn right at the end of the new bit

wilburt
    Free Member

Only really do the workouts but use trhe arriw keys on my keyboard to turn if needed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zwift – for the navigationally challenged….’ is closed to new replies.