Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • zwift course calendar
  • meeeee
    Free Member

joined zwift yesterday for a trial, had a brief ride on the watopia course and thought i’d do the big climb later this week.

But theres a course schedule?! Seriously?? Whats the point of that, looks like the Watopia one is the only one with a decent climb on it. Dont understand why you cant just pick a course, or am i missing something?

weeksy

I guess from a social perspective it would make sense. But from a racing perspective it needs a bit of planning and organisation so set courses, set days.

You can do a text file edit so you can ride whatever course you want… but you may be the only one on it.

I guess it simply comes down to server capacity on their side and running several layouts full of riders at any time would need more resources.

jam-bo

zwift-preferences

ride any map you like.

meeeee
    Free Member

aha might try that, although i suppose i should try the London course as well during my free 7 days

jam-bo

box/fox hill is a decent climb.

don’t bother with richmond.

the volcano looks like it might have a decent climb on it waiting to be opened?

weeksy

The Box hill climb is fun, it’s too long to attack hard, but long enough so if you do, you’ll pay the price and die ! It depends though what you want to get out of it.
    The layout/course is of little importance to me on a daily basis, it’s more about the miles and the people to play with.

MSP

Whats the point of that, looks like the Watopia one is the only one with a decent climb on it

You can put out 300 watts going pretend fast on the flat, or 300 watts going pretend slow on a climb.

meeeee
    Free Member

^ true, but i always lack motivation on flat routes so i tend to pick climbs (when using the Bkool Sim, which i normally use). I find i get a better workout session if theres a big hill.

jam-bo

join one of the races. that’ll motivate…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘zwift course calendar’ is closed to new replies.