Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ZTR355 rims, how to convert to tubeless
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

What do I need to go tubeless with this rim ? Very confusing advice on various websites, even the notubes site is not that clear, unless I am being a bit thick.
    I have run tubeless on other types of rims with Stans rubber strips and conversion kits very succesfully in the past.
    Running standard non ust tyres do I need more rubber strips for these rims ? If so is it the standard strips or the Olympic rim strips ? Or do I use the yellow tape and seperate valve.

Thanks

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

yellow tape, valve, tyre, sealant, done

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

GeeWavetree – Member

In the voice of Gordon Ramsey. 8)

foxyrider
    Free Member

YOu can also get an olympic rim strip depending of riding type and tyre size 🙂

hughjengin
    Free Member

Going to be running maxxis 2.1 exception series tyres on a XC bike.

Any idea which of the yellow rim tapes I need there seems a few out there

spooky_b329

Yellow tape is best…much lighter than rim strips 🙂

Watch the Stans Videos to make sure you install it correctly.

I think I bought my stuff from justridingalong.com, make sure you get the correct valves as well as tape width.

alfabus
    Free Member

I think for 355 rims you want the 25mm yellow tape. that is just from memory though, check the justridingalong or the crc websites, I think they both state which is needed for each rim.

Dave

nuke
    jim
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

21mm yellow tape on 355's

Or use gaffer tape like I did, cheaper and works just as well.

Get gaffer tape, roll out required length + 5 spoke hole overlap, cut down middle, start to apply tape 2.5 spoke holes before valve hole, wrap round, press down, overlap nicely, cut hole for valve, slot valve in, tighten little nut on valve stem, fit tyre, pour in sealant, inflate to seat bead, wiggle about to stop leaks, leave a bit, check pressure, adjust as required, go ride.

20mins per wheel 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

seen gaffer tape after 6 months in wheel milk ? it breaks up and goes stringy …

im using yellow tape and some valves cut out of innertubes atm – because i took out my stans valve and stuck them in my camelback which my girlfriend is away to inverness with

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope can't say I have, saying that my mates are fine after 6 months, he used gorilla tape – different to gaffer tape?

Might get some yellow tape if mine goes off

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ZTR355 rims, how to convert to tubeless’ is closed to new replies.