Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ZTR Hubs with ZTR Rims; Alpine or Crest??? Your experience with either???
  • dickie
    Free Member

Just about to order a pair of ZTR hubs, Rev spokes on ZTR Alpine or Crest rims, but can't decide which rim.
    Alpine is 10g lighter than crest.
    I'm 14 stone, on a Turner Flux, planning on Nobby Nic Evo's run tubeless with sealent. And I ride XC with wheels on the ground.

Anyone had any bad experience with either or which they got something else?

Adders69
    Free Member

Only good experiences from my Alpine rim / ZTR hub wheels I'm afraid.

They were a really easy platform on which to mount my Conti Race Kings at the beginning of the year. The change to Rocket Ron Evo's took a little more patience, but still quite straightforward.

One dissadvantage is that they make my bike seem to just beg me to go faster …

amplebrew

I've just had the same dilema after placing an order for a pair of ZTR rims on Chris King hubs.

Rightly or wrongly, I ended up going for the Crest rims because they were slightly wider.

They've not arrived yet though, so can't give any riding experience.

Baldysquirt

I have Hope Hoops with Crests on my Prophet for general trail riding. Seem to be sturdy enough so far and give the tyre as good a profile as my DT 5.1s did. My first time tubeless also, and that seems to be pretty trouble free so far too (maxxis advantage kevlar 2.25).

radoggair
    Free Member

ride ztr hubs, alpine rims with cx ray spokes. Really good strong lightweight wheelset although 1 issue i have is putting (racing ralphs) tyres on, there's not much room to squeeze the tube inside( i run tubed, have went off tubeless) and have now pinch punctured 2 tubes trying to get them inside. Not so much a hassle at home but if your racing ( and are concerned about where you finish) then this could potentially be an issue

dickie
    Free Member

I'm just happy to finish!!

Dougal
    Free Member

Alpine is an awesome rim. Got one a few months ago to build a spare race wheel, ended up being the wheel I use most of the time. Tyres inflate far easier than they ever did with an Olympic, even though it doesn't use a rimstrip. I'm 9st though, I'd recommend you suck up the extra 20g in a pair and get the Crest.

dickie
    Free Member

OK thanks

yesiamtom
    Free Member

ive got pro2s on crest rims and tubelessed a 2.4 and 2.25 nobby nic evo on them. I used some electrical tape with a stans olympic valve. Worked really really well. The rear one lost a little bit of air at first but thats because i taped the rim up SHIT!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

should probably point out i did some south wales trail centres this week, afan etc. No burps, not pinch flats and nothing else to worry me. I dont really jump much but did a few small ones.

thejesmonddingo

I'm 14 st,Crest's on ztr for me,XC only,but no probs at all,running MK 2.2s.
    Ian

anotherstan
    Free Member

14 stone Rich?

…not last time i saw you 😯

dickie
    Free Member

14 stone fully kitted up Stan, over are you suggesting I'm more.
    Just started the cycle to work scheme with work – basically they give me f…all towards it & I just go for it, so hopefully I'll keep it up & the weight down.

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks for feed back everyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ZTR Hubs with ZTR Rims; Alpine or Crest??? Your experience with either???’ is closed to new replies.