Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ZTR Crest/hope pro II vs Nukeproof generator AM
  • kroupicz
    Free Member

Hey guys 🙂

just bought 2 bikes:

Titus El guapo 2008
    and
    Nukeproof mega 2012

got to test a make desicion….like a lot the MEGA….sweet bike

some time ago bought ZTR Crest/ hope pro II – 1450g
    now
    bought nukeproof whole bike…with wheel set of NP generator AM

Not riding any downhill trakcs…

ZTR wheels are 1450g
    NP generator 2200g

like both….and really dnt know which ones….

I know its a different king of use, still ZTR could last..who knows.
    Guy who sold me the ZTRs was riding crosscountry and rims have many hits… 🙂

weight is quite importatnt, but doesnt want to destroy the ZTR evet thay have some scratches :)))

Also I mix have hopes with NP rims 🙂

what do you think ?

thx Mike

kroupicz
    Free Member

? 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure I understand the question(s)?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slackalice
    Free Member

The Crests are generally considered to be more of an XC wheel set, so perhaps not as strong or robust as the Nukeproof’s you have. I’ve no experience of the Nukeproof wheels but have Crests on my PYGA 120 with Hope hubs. I’m not particularly heavy at circa 11stone with riding kit and generally choose my lines carefully, however I am really pleased with the Crests, especially how well they dealt with some Alps riding last year. Stayed true and no noticeable flex. Granted I’m wouldn’t consider my riding to be gnar, but the PYGA has drawn me more to taking more air and yet the rims are feeling solid.

May well have something to do with who built them of course.

kroupicz
    Free Member

question is:

what wheel should I keep ? 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have considered Crests for either of those bikes.

I have Crests on my Rockhopper, I like them, but they’re not man enough for those bikes, unless you weight next to nowt and ride very delicately.

Northwind

Neither really seems ideal tbh! if you’re using it for pretty light use then I’d go with the Crests, it doesn’t seem like you’ll be using it for stuff that really needs the nurk of the generators so otherwise I guess I’d sell both and get something in the middle.

kroupicz
    Free Member

Hard to say what am I gonna use it for 🙂 Looking forward for summer in Alps…love those trails…downhills. I will visit some bike parks, but my jumps are about 5ft down, not any bigger…Im not harcore freeride guy 🙂
    Have quite a good technik…also my weight is 160lb.

Till now I have used old Mavic 230t …10 years old…and I didnt destroy it…so far…

kroupicz
    Free Member

Maybe I should sell the NP wheels, Crest rims…an keep hopes gubs and buy some rims….

Man I hate those decisions 🙂 As you see…firs I bought Titus…and than NP mega, becouse of the price…
    1200 GBP
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/milanulrichcz,29223/setup,24491?ptab

Northwind

Ah right, you said “not riding any downhill tracks” earlier. I wouldn’t take a set of Crests out for a week in the alps tbh but it still totally depends on how you alp.

kroupicz
    Free Member

exactly how I Alp…thats what I try to explain. OK ALP, OK bike park…but not a local guy…jummper…dowhiller.:)

Im singletrack man who love going fast down with some jumps…(small ones )

kroupicz
    Free Member

The ponential of my bie is far away, from what I do. I used to ride agressive xc/trail…but I love descending…but that is not only my concetration…I love allmountaining…up and down 🙂 to have fun

kroupicz
    Free Member

Thx all for help…:)

kroupicz
    Free Member

the maga is so sweet bike, maybe I keep the generators….and sell Titus with hopes…but Im crying 🙂

climbingkev
    Free Member

Sell both, buy flows/arch on hopes?

rickon
    Free Member

Njee would be going mental. Crests and Hope Pro2s will be about 1600g. Pro3s are closer to 1540g.

You really should be looking at Hope pro2 and Flows, or Arch Ex giving what you appear to be after.

jairaj

ideal situation is to sell both and get a wheelset with Arch EX or Flow rims or something similar.

But if that is not an option then its not terrible idea to stick with the Crests. I was very impressed with my old Crest rim on superstar hubs wheels. I used them for a few years on all kinds of stuff from Natural trails and trail centres in Peaks, lakes district and Wales. Local woods riding in south east england. Even the odd day here and there doing Downhill. I weight 90kg and the wheels were still running straight.

They are absolutely not designed for the riding I used them for but they coped fine. I don’t think they are as fragile as people think? Or maybe I’m a very smooth rider?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ZTR Crest/hope pro II vs Nukeproof generator AM’ is closed to new replies.