Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ZTR Archs v ZTR Flows
  • Elsa
    Free Member

I'm looking to get a new set of wheels. I currently use Mavic 321 rims but I'm looking for something lighter thats still wide enough to take a 2.5 maxxis minion tyre. I'm not an agressive rider and I'm fairly light but I will be using them to ride DH in the alpes (although I only attempt small drops and jumps).

I was looking at Stan's Arch's & Flows and wondered which would be more suitable for me? Anyone have experience of these that can give me some advice please?

grumm
    Free Member

Flows.

alfabus
    Free Member

I'd say that the arches would be fine for your weight, although if you are running 2.5s the flows will give a nicer shape with not much weight penalty.

Dave

GW
    Free Member

drops and jumps don't wreck rims, rocks and crashes do.

vinnyeh

Had both, still using Arches, but would recommend Flows if you're going to use 2.5 tires. As alfabus says, the tire shape is nicer. Plus, if you want to go down the Hope Hoops route, you'll be able to get a cheap pair of wheels, which you can't really do if you want to use Arches.

Northwind

It seemed to me that the weight difference wasn't really substantial enough to justify not just going with Flows.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ZTR Archs v ZTR Flows’ is closed to new replies.