• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Zipworld, North Wales
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Anyone tried this? Seems we are going there on a Stag do so could do with some info on the place.

geoffj

It’s owned by the same folk that have the Pencil Museum in Cumbria.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Hope its a bit more exciting..

geoffj

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOf5YTmWsqg[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Looks like a job for my helmet cam!

nedrapier

pretty fun! you go underground trampolining in the slate mine and ride Antur Stiniog the same day.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was windy so cancelled…was that helpful?

tillydog
    Free Member

There are two Zip Worlds – the ‘Velocity’ in Bethesda(?) which is the long one, or ‘Titan’ in Blaenau Ffestiniog which is 3 or 4 shorter ones.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It’s the Velocity one, a full mile apparently!

ajantom

We looked at that for a stag do too – decided that at £60 per person for a 1 minute ride it was a bit pricey.
    I understand that all the equipment, training, and personnel, etc. costs money, but for 15 of us that would have been £900!

Looks fun, but then what are you going to do for the rest of the day?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

We looked at that for a stag do too – decided that at £60 per person for a 1 minute ride it was a bit pricey.

That rules out Amsterdam then for another possible venue.. 😉

ajantom

Badoom-tish!

I’d at least expect 10 minutes.

connect2

We did Velocity in October. Pricey, yes, but I think it’s pitched about right, they’ve quite a few staff and a new visitor centre going up. You do a smaller slide first as a ‘warm up’, I think we were there nearly 2 hours in total. I’m happy I did it and I’m a stingy old Scotsman

Not sure how busy it is just now but booking was essential back then and the Welsh kids weren’t even on holiday.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

£60 is a tad steep but hey, its a rush!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

It’s bloody awesome and well worth the money. Went last April as part of a riding weekend and we had a blizzard when at the top, delaying our descent, which added to the thrill. Bloody freezing mind. I’d do it again tomorrow.

mark90
    Free Member

Bloody freezing when I did Velocity. Wood burner going in the hut at the top to keep warm. In the rain it’s a bit like pressure washing your face at 70mph.

Daughter got a Velocity voucher for Christmas, so looks like I’m going again, just to keep her company as the wife won’t do it.

Also done Titan with the daughter previously when she was too young for Velocity. She is stoked she’s now old enough to do Velocity.

Yeh it is expensive, but that what ‘experience’ thing isn’t these days. I wouldn’t be going again if it wasn’t to take my daughter. At least it will be another 7 years before the lad can go on Velocity.

BoardinBob

I’ve ridden at Antur and seen it. I’m not daft on those things but it didn’t look that bad. Certainly nowhere near as big or fast as the Fantasticable in Chatel

benp1

I’m doing velocity in April, also doing the underworld adventure on the same trip

Looking forward to both

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Zipworld, North Wales’ is closed to new replies.