Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ZipWorld in Wales – anyone on here been?
  • the-muffin-man

My 14 yr old daughter seems very keen to visit to do the underground GoApe type stuff, trampolines and the massive zip-wire – pretty much all of it!

Is it as good as the promo films make out?

Ta

crashbanggg
    Free Member

I did the zipwire stuff a few years ago, iirc we got a run on a small (ish) zipwire, then were transported to the top of quarry in an old army truck whilst being told about the local history, then got the run down the main zipwire.

I really enjoyed it! It probably only took an hour from start to finish, but I’d definitely say it was worth going, I probably wouldn’t go again for the cost, but certainly a good one to add to the ‘done’ list.

andeh

I went to Bounce Below (at the same place) for my 28th a couple of weeks ago.

It was incredible fun! Seriously, I can’t recommend it enough, particularly if there is a few of you. The trampolines are weird, they’re sort of baggier than usual, but have the potential to properly throw you into the air if you catch them right. There’s about 6-7 different trampoline areas stacked on top of each other, with enclosed slides connecting them. There’s Swiss balls scattered around to throw about too.

I’m pretty sure that my heartrate was hovering around max for the entire hour we were in there.

Seeing my 18st mate hurtling across the netting, sending small children into the stratosphere as he went, was absolutely priceless.

Didn’t do any of the other activities, but the underground via ferata looked really cool. Also, it’s the same site as the Antur Stiniog bike park, if you fancied ditching the sprogs and sneaking off for the afternoon 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

The trampolines in the old mine are good fun too.

Jerm

Agree with Andeh. Bounce Below was brilliant and well worth the money. My daughter and I did the zip wires at the same site. They were good but very expensive. I didn’t find it particularly exciting but it was certainly spectacular scenery. I wish we’d done the one further north where you go head first and much faster. It is all very well having a mile long zip wire but after the initial buzz of launch and looking at the scenery you are effectively waiting for it to end. The mountainbiking at the same site looks excellent and you get a good view of what you’re missing from the zip wire.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Went to Stiniog, as we’d driven to the wrong one, which looked proper fun, particularly bounce below. When we worked out we were in the wrong place we went down the road to the quarry zip line. There was a blizzard but it was the mutts nuts.

benp1

I’m doing Velocity in early April, looking forward to it!

Also doing the Underground Adventure in Betws Y coed (sp?), got both as presents

zomersetglider

they have also just completed a rather inviting roller coaster down through the woods too….so much to do in North Wales these days.

bigdaddy

I did bounce below with my son and then velocity with my adrenaline seeking daughter – both were excellent, although expensive. Bounce below was great fun, and yes physically hard work, my boy loved it. Velocity is all about the build up of anticipation – they draw out the experience somewhat- on the main wire, which is a mile long I think, I hit 92mph! Head first… The first 3 secs were scary, then the rest of it was bloody amazing. Don’t add up the cost per second though! Highly recommend both experiences

Dickyboy

We jumped the queue on velocity as they’d run out of weights they needed to add to the smaller participants 😳 only managed about 86mph too 🙁

sharkbait
    Free Member

so much to do in North Wales these days.

Yep, don’t forget Surf Snowdonia

the-muffin-man

Thanks – seems like a goer then!

I was going to ask what else there is to do in the area. We may go there for a week in the summer.

Are there any decent beaches within a reasonable distance? We may stay near the coast and drive to the ZipWorld bits.

jairaj

I did Bounce Below with a bunch of mid 30’s last summer and we all totally loved it. Ridiculous amounts of fun just bouncing around like loon and going through slides etc.

The via ferrata looked pretty cool too, didn’t give that a go but will defo want to go back and give it a go.

Dickyboy

Decent beaches? Newborough Warren on anglesea near enough?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Zipline was awesome

https://www.strava.com/activities/172569464

Max speed of 81mph!

They say you can hit 100 in the right conditions.

I would do it again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ZipWorld in Wales – anyone on here been?’ is closed to new replies.