Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ZipWorld Caverns
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Went over to Snowdonia on Saturday, Stag do for a bunch of middle aged idiots & had booked this trip.
    TBH I was bricking it, I have a pretty healthy fear of heights/drops & the idea of the via ferrata around the cavern had me pretty uptight.
    The training cavern was bad enough, but the first section of via ferrata had me almost chewing on the cavern wall!

Thing is, it soon wore off enough that I could enjoy it. It’s a fantastic place, a lot of cash has been spent on the place & its been turned into something special IMO.
    Even though I’m scared of heights I’ll definitely go back.
    £60 well spent I’d say.

Cletus
    Free Member

I went to Zipworld last year to do the Velocity zipwire with my wife and 10 year old daughter. It was awesome and we had a great time – the zipwire was a memorable experience.

The caverns were closed when we went – will have to go back soon. Agree that it is something special. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We originally planned to do Velocity, but it was fully booked. Fancy doing that as well although it would be an expensive day out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdaddy

Velocity is awesome- scary as @*# for the first 3 secs then just brilliant fun. Closest feeling to flying…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Worth the £60?
    The caverns were the same price but we were underground for 3hrs.
    Do fancy velocity though!

doubleu
    Free Member

The caverns are brilliant. We went a few weeks back for the other halfs birthday with a few friends – hired a holiday cottage in Ffestiniog.

Well worth the £60 – as mentioned we were down there for nearly 3 hours. The huge long zipline near the bottom is ace.

We did bounce below afterwards. I also thoroughly enoyed that too – but an hour is definetly enough!

bigdaddy

Is it worth £60? I reckon so yes – it’s the usual thing of dragging out 2 zip rides, with a total of 90 secs ish into a 2 hour ‘experience’. It’s about building the anticipation, driving up the mountain in a rickety bus deliberately crossing under the line 2 or 3 times and stopping to watch the speed of the descent, and having a group of people all going pale and thinking ‘oh shit what am I doing!’ Great fun, although quite a lot of faffing with equipment and watching others in the experience. My daughter and I loved it…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

although quite a lot of faffing

^ just reminded me of waiting to grab video footage of a friend at the Eden Project zip-wire.

Stood for over an hour, receiving txts:

‘in land rover’
    ‘Signal may drop’
    ‘Am at the top’
    ‘Harnessed up’
    ‘Think im the third one to go
    ‘This might be me’
    ‘You wont hear from me now’

Ffs, I’m not joking but the phone ran out of charge and all we had was my crap footage of a few strangers zipping by. By the time he actually did it I was long gone and by then chewing my elbow at the over-priced eco-tat in the Project shop

bigdaddy

^^ I think that probably sums up the experience of the rest of my family!!

mostyncottage
    Free Member

We have had a few guests at http://www.mostyncottage.co.uk that have had a break from the mountain biking here and gone for a trip on both the zip wire and the caverns. They have all come back buzzing from the experience. The cavern trip sounds like the best value for money as you get a 3 hour activity for the money, but the zip wire gives the biggest adrenaline rush.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ZipWorld Caverns’ is closed to new replies.