Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Zip wires
  • rascal
    Free Member

A mate of mine is slowly going blind and on his bucket list is going on a zip wire.
    Which is the best one?
    Always thought the one at Stiniog looked good when doing uplift days but there’s now one in nearby Bethesda which is claimed to be the fastest in the world.
    Anyone done either?

nickjb
    Free Member

The fantasticable in Chatel is quite a thing.

fossy

There are a few in North Wales by Zip World – loads of variations from 4 at a time, and the long 1m runs as well over the quarries.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive always thought the ones at Stiniog looked a bit tame, even more so when you look at how expensive they are !!

jamj1974

I did the Zip World one – the longest in Europe apparently.

This is what it was like. Crappy video edit with audio simply sped up to make it fit… Lame, I know.

[video]https://youtu.be/DKdt7u1D3vk[/video]

It was ok, feelings of acceleration and de acceleration were the most tangible. It doesn’t feel that quick when the ground is so far below. Prefer a day in Wales on the bike to be honest and it was quite expensive for what it was.

Flaperon
    mark90
    Free Member

The Bethesda one is better than the Stiniog one. Expensive, but what’s cost when it’s bucket list.

There’s also a big one at Laggan but not done that to say how it compares.

rascal
    Free Member

It’ll have to be in the UK and soon.
    I’m only doing it because it’s what he wants to do – I’d rather bike all day but he’s not a biker.
    I have a bit of an issue paying about £2 per second of entertainment though at £70 a pop 😕

jamj1974

I feel for you rascal! I went for my brothers, brother-in-laws stag do and whilst it was ok…

mark90
    Free Member

I have a bit of an issue paying about £2 per second of entertainment

I feel for you rascal! I went for my brothers, brother-in-laws stag do and whilst it was ok…

High class hooker?

rascal
    Free Member

Just looking again – think I prefer the Stiniog one to Bethesda as closer to ground and feels faster because of it.
    Not being tight with it being £20 cheaper!

bigdaddy

I’ve done the velocity one – have to say I loved it! Yes, expensive, but an awesome feeling going head first down the wire at nearly 90mph! Worth it I’d say…

jamj1974

High class hooker?

There’s so much I could say to this…

finephilly
    Free Member

I did the Bethesda one. its expensive and boring but well organised.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Zip wires’ is closed to new replies.