Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Zimbabwe
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coup happening?

Reports of tanks heading in to Harare.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Uber expensive paper clips have destabilised the currency and toppled the government.

Makes you think.

wwaswas

I hope Mugabe gets to spend a few years in a jail cell before he dies.

P-Jay
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    I hope Mugabe gets to spend a few years in a jail cell before he dies.

Maybe, but I doubt that’s how it will end, first and foremost, he’s 93, he won’t last very long as a prisoner. Secondly that’s not usually how Coups work, he’ll be captured, usually by solders, but somehow they’ll ‘lose’ him to an angry mob who’ll drag him around for a bit until he either dies from being manhandled or someone shoots him in the back of the head with a pistol.

martinhutch

He was lining up his successor, so I imagine this is the moment to do it.

Murray

Not happening according to latest reports – just a power struggle between ZanuPF and Mrs Mugabe

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is she the one holding the purse strings?

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Is happening reports of lots of military vehicles heading for Harare. I think the generals don’t want a typist telling them what to do. Timing looks good as ZANU PF are fighting amongst themselves for a successor

epicyclo

The Liberation old guard versus the new wave younger types.

The old guard have the advantage experience of ruthlessness from when they fought to free their country.

spekkie
    Free Member

Mad Bob has stolen pretty much all the money and sent it overseas. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

jimjam
    Free Member

What does RT say is happening?

cranberry
    Free Member

Mad Bob has stolen pretty much all the money and sent it overseas. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

True, but he can’t spend it if he is hanging from a lamppost.

The only problem is that there is probably no one with a better track record of human rights that is in a position to take over.

spekkie
    Free Member

He’s only got to sprint down to the border and Zuma will welcome him with open arms. Partners in crime.

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Coup happening?

Reports of tanks heading in to Harare.

Interesting but normal in that part of the world in terms of power struggle.

I just let them get on with it …

🙂

spekkie
    Free Member

Waterkloof AFB in Pretoria is on standby. They’ve had the call.

chewkw
    Free Member

spekkie – Member
    Waterkloof AFB in Pretoria is on standby. They’ve had the call.

I want to see Saab JAS 39 Gripen vs SAM in action.

Coz Gripen has not been properly tested yet. 🙂

spekkie
    Free Member

My sister lived opposite Waterkloof back in 2010 when the football World Cup was in SA. Jets were flying out and monitoring airspace during every match. It was a great few weeks for noisy entertainment 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Bob must have been spinning in his grave for years over Mugabe. Didn’t hear him spinning when I visited, mind 😆

[video]https://youtu.be/MrQzLyTnBqw[/video]

It disgusts me how the west have allowed white genocide to go unchallenged under the racist despot.

jimjam
    Free Member

enfht – Member

It disgusts me how the west have allowed white genocide to go unchallenged under the racist despot.

Fascinating history, Zimbabwe.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve been pretty much glued to what’s happening to be honest, the Guardian seems to have good coverage

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/14/tensions-rise-in-zimbabwe-as-military-drives-through-outskirts-of-capital

Hopefully it’s a step towrds a more representative and economically sustainable outcome rather than a descent into a destructive and costly civil war…

kelron
    Free Member

Yeah military coups usually lead to a fair and democratic government.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

How predictable. It disgusts me that it takes “white genocide”, to wind you up.

10 quid says you’re a white south african.

enfht
    Free Member

Predictable is predictable. I bet 10 euros that deep down you feel its somehow justified.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

More apathy…there are a billion other things to get outraged about first.

Go back to your hole in Stormfront.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agreed now lets hope one day you will say the same when the races involved are different

How do you fee about the empire out of interest , slavery and The Raj – go on give us your full ire

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Which of you is sending your Key To The City back in protest?

Bear
    Free Member

I was very fortunate to spend some time there when I was younger and found the country and people amazing.
    What has happened to the country is terrible and will take decades, if ever, to repair when the country is finally allowed to have a democratically elected leader.
    Such a beautiful country, I would love to visit again one day but feel it would be a shadow of its former self.

epicyclo

enfht – Member
    …It disgusts me how the west have allowed white genocide to go unchallenged under the racist despot.

Aye, ye’d think they’d have learned how to do it properly when they had the examples of skilled operators like the Germans with the Herrero, the Belgians in the Congo, or the British with the proto concentration camps for the Boers.

Bloody amateurs.

enfht
    Free Member

You self hating deluded fools. If only your grandparents were dragged from their beds in the middle of the night and hacked to death by a baying mob you might not be so quick to ridicule others. So easy to do from the safety of your keyboards, you pussies.

Coyote
    Free Member

Not getting the hate for enfht here. Are we saying that genocide against white people is OK as some sort of retribution for crimes carried out by Europeans against the indigenous people who’s countries they invaded brought civilisation to?

Surely killing someone for their ethnicity is completely unjustified under any circumstances or am I missing something?

nickc

I suspect who ever comes next is going to be little better than Mugabe TBH

elzorillo
    Free Member

The guilt of history hangs so heavy on some, that they will excuse even the most barbaric of acts.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Not doing a great job as a peace envoy is old Bobbie

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41992351
    So now they have him?
    Time is up for him

Trimix
    Free Member

Are there any leaders in Africa that are democratically elected and not corrupt ? Have any ever lost an election and gone without kicking and screaming ? I cant think of any.

Whoever takes over from the current one will be similar, sadly.

I went to school there during the troubles in the late 70’s early 80’s and Mugabe was then seen quite differently.

zippykona

Quick send boris to sort it all out.

ransos
    Free Member

You self hating deluded fools.

That’s definitely the best way to convince everyone of the merits of your argument.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

@Trimix there have been a few:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Prize

Being democratically elected and voluntarily stepping down are two of the criteria of eligibility.

mefty
    Free Member

BBC quoting a parody Zanu PF twitter account, the more interconnected the world comes, the shallower the journalistic output.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Looks like the Generals are in charge now and Mugabe has been detained. Interesting times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Zimbabwe’ is closed to new replies.