Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Zesty owners, a little reverb help…
  • seavers
    Free Member

Just got a 314, this years model.

Under the top tube there are two screws in the frame. Looks like I could buy some cable guides for routing a Reverb.

At a guess is this the kind of thing I need 2 of? If not what have you used for a Reverb?

http://welovemountains.com/lapierre-seat-chain-stay-cable-guide-black-one-size

Cheers,

Si.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I have a 2012 zesty and under my top tube I have two holes, oblong, with rubber grommits in them and I route my reverb cable through them…. Not sure that the current models have it this way though.

somafunk

That’s the exact thing you need seavers, (we sell zestys in the shop).

seavers
    Free Member

Cheers for the info GolfChick, the holes under the top tube have screws in that I could undo with an allen key. Looks like I would need to swap them for something to hold a Reverb cable. I will keep on the Google search!

seavers
    Free Member

Somafunk….Thanks. Do you sell the cable guides?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Soma funk did you ever sell the small Zesty 514 frame you had on here?

somafunk

Mosey – That was a medium spicy 316, yeah it was sold.

seavers – I’m sure i have some in the zesty box o’ bits at work, if you can wait till i’m back in on thursday i’ll get a couple in the post for you. Send me your address details to my email address in profile.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

White and gold zesty you had up mate , few months back.

Ah well.

somafunk

Gawd…. that was months n’ months ago, yeah that sold really quick, t’was cheap indeed but the guy wanted it sold quick as he needed the cash.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I was searching zesty and it popped up.

Trying to get a frame now. Oh well the hunt continues.

somafunk

If you’re buying 2nd hand pay particular attention to the welding webs around the shock mounts on the alloy frames and examine the BB shell for longitudinal cracks as some had faulty machining on the BB shell, the rear swingarms around the main pivot can crack as well, all dependant on how folk run their shock pressure in my opinion , If a carbon frame then examine the BB shell/cluster area with a bright torch and if you see what appears to be hairline cracks in the clear top coat then walk away, quite a common fault as not enough carbon lay-up in this area for the 2012 frames, the headset (cups) on zesty carbon 914’s can sometimes be oversized leading to a very loose fit of the steel bearing cups.

Apart from that very good bikes.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Blimey think I’ll stay away then ha.

lord
    Free Member

i got some of these from my local car spares shop , 10p each and work a treat , mines had a crack in the bb shell for 2 years , not got any worse, bought it from here , great frames dont be put off pal

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone know the shock length?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Mosey – I’ll be selling a purple one soon.
    Also the “cracking” issues were resolved by the 2013 frames.
    yes the early ones had a few issues but LP were quick to fix them and improve the design.

For my money the Zesty is one of the best climbing Trail frames out there.

seavers
    Free Member

Somafunk…. Thank you so much for the offer. Only just read your post. I ordered something that should do the trick the other night. I really appreciate that tho.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Fitted these to my Zesty and they were just the ticket
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ragley-single-cable-guide-kit/rp-prod46326

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Zesty owners, a little reverb help…’ is closed to new replies.