Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zesty or Pro Race?
  • Ladders
    Free Member

A few months ago I decided that after much deliberation I wanted a Lapierre Zesty 314.

My LBS though have emailed to say they can’t get the 314 until Easter! As I’m tied in with the bike shop as they owe me a favour I started wondering if I really need full suspension and have been looking at the Pro Races instead. I also did a ride with friends the other week which was more cross country & singletrack, more the sort of riding I mostly do, and got me thinking of hardtails

Any opinions on the Pro Race? I would prob be interested in the 400 or 500. Looks like the 500 has a carbon frame, but slightly less well specced. I’m also a bit wary of using carbon off road as I’m quite a ‘heavy’ rider.

Cheers!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I know you are tied into your shop but they could try Nirvana Cycles – I think they have a 2012 314 in stock. The 2012 model has a better spec.

Don’t change what you want due to having to wait 3 months, hopefully it’s a bike that you’ll enjoy for years. Jan, Feb, Mar aren’t the greatest months anyway – save the new bike for the better weather ?

nmdbase
    Free Member

2012 314 is lovely

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sancho
    Free Member

wait for the 314, its ace.

Ladders
    Free Member

Yes, I really liked the colour scheme on the 314 🙂

Apparently they can get the 214 in a couple of weeks, but not so keen on the colour and I thought it didnt have lockout on the susp, even though the rep seems to think neither have lockout?

Sancho
    Free Member

get the 314, dont compromise you will regret it.
    Besides the weather is shit
    I thought they were readily available though.

Ladders
    Free Member

Yes, that’s what I thought. Apparently the rep is messing him about for some reason though.

Would the Pro Race be a compromise though?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zesty or Pro Race?’ is closed to new replies.