Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zesty + Chainsuck
  • dasnut
    Free Member

Anyone with a Zesty suffer from chainsuck issues?

mine does and it does my head in.
    I don't think its down to worn chainrings, its done it since birth

please help, otherwise its an orange 5 all the way….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://fagan.co.za/Bikes/Csuck/

something is wrong mechanically for chainsuck to occur. worn components are the usual culprit

markd
    Free Member

Hey

Mine doesn't and we have not heard any customers mention it…

The chain falls off a lot when going over the bumpy stuff mind but uit jumps straight on again when you pedal.
    Mark
    (p.s. how are your pads n gloves? mark@thebikechain)

FuzzyWuzzy

Only had chainsuck once on my 314 and that was during the Llanwrtyd Merida where my whole drive train was basically a solid lump of mud.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

cant really see how chainsuck can be bike specific. Its the chain sticking to your chain ring, usually due to a dirty/stiff chain and/or worn chainring. As long as your bike has a chainstay near the BB it will suffer from chainsuck if the right other conditions apply.

Dont underestimate how quickly an ally chainring can wear enough to allow chain suck.

Replacing a well-regarded bike is an extreme step, try getting a new middle chain ring and chain.

jim
    Free Member

As others have said a frame can't really cause chainsuck. Perhaps a bent chainring tooth or a stiff chain link is to blame?

dasnut
    Free Member

mark – gloves are awesome and pads you don't even know you are wearing them – they do tend to "eat" your shorts though, in a kind of bart styleee….

anyhoo – I guess I knew the answers I'd get for this one.
    I am using Middleburn Hardcoat Slickshift rings for the middle (sold the xtr one for bucks) and its always sucked, so thanks to Jonny for the advice to try another brand.
    so for the sake of an £10 deore chainring that what I am trying next….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zesty + Chainsuck’ is closed to new replies.