Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zesty 314 L – where can I demo one in the Bristol area?
  • Butterfly2346
    Free Member

I’m wondering where I could demo the Zesty 314 L, keeping in mind I’m 5’2 and getting women specific bikes for a decent demo locally is difficult … thoughts?

I have contacted PS cycles in Cwmcarn (who are an excellent bike shop from previous experience IMO), who said they might be able to do a demo … though I would have to size me up and get the rep to deliver one to try … after which they said they will check to see if they can get a new bike dispatched. The guy did seem a little nervous of my request , asking for cheque as a deposit … is this all normal???

DavidB
    Free Member

I’ve got a feeling that the demo fleet is 514’s not 314’s.

backhander
    Free Member

Try psyclewerx or strata, both lapierre dealers in Bristol.
    There’s a demo day at newnham park sometime soon I think

mcwyc
    Free Member

Hi there,
    I’ve got a small 2009 514L and live in N Bristol. Its seen a bit of use and rattles and squeeks a bit from lack of TLC (needs service!) but still does me great.
    If you want to have a go and see how one measures up and feels then get in touch and I’m sure I can meet you somewhere for a ride.
    For reference, I’m a 5’6″ guy (girls bike I know :roll:) but have the seat post at it’s max.

Anyway email if interested.

(This is the one: http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/lapierre/women-bike/2009/ZESTY-514-L-1).

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

Backhander – cheers I’ll look ’em up!

mcwyc – a very kind offer, but I would like to try the bike in mind, as investing £2K is quite a lot when you don’t have a lot of money anyway … so I want to get it right before I buy.

Thanks for the advice 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

No discounts at psyclewerx though 🙁

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

All the same frame. Just different spec. Should ride the same albeit the 514 is a slightly better spec so will be a better ride. TBH when buying a bike a good frame and geometery is the most essential part. Try to see past the components as they can be replaced. Zesty 714 here, great bike don’t think you will regret it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zesty 314 L – where can I demo one in the Bristol area?’ is closed to new replies.