Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • zesty 2012 1 x 10 first try alignment problems
  • dogmatix

I have decided to give 1×10 a try with a oneup 42t, ive just fitted all the kit on my 2012 zesty, sram gx 10 speed mech and shifter. I am using a standard downhill front chainring and am alarmed by how easily it seems to drop of i.e. quarter/half a turn. I am aware i need a NW chainring, but will this really cure an issue as bad as this? I am assuming there we be a constant grinding noise with this much of an anlge? Have I done somthing wrong? I can’t adjust BB position as it is a press fit with no spacers. I have put the front chainring in the middle position. The chain is dropping off to the inside.

The bike frame etc have been sat around for a year as I haven’t had the time to put together, and I was really looking forward to the upgrade from my old prophet. So I am a mixture of confused, worried and bloody p’d off that it seems to be buggered! I think my first step is to calm down and then any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe my last step is a sledgehammer to bash the bottom bracket across? 😮

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I ran 1×10 on a 2012 Zesty with no issues. Mind, it was a Shimano set up and a normal 11-36 cassette.

It was a bit before narrow wide chain rings were so cheaply available so I used a chain guide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘zesty 2012 1 x 10 first try alignment problems’ is closed to new replies.