• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Zesty 160mm – A2C and offset question?
  • goyawave
    Free Member

I am looking for some advice specifically on the impact of future proofing my Zesty with a 650b specific fork.

I have already made the decision to upgrade my 32’s to 34’s and have put down a deposit on a set of X Fusion Sweep forks which I plan to use with a 26″ wheel. Whilst I wait 3 months for the next delivery to the UK… my mind is wondering if I have made the right decision.

I had already looked around for a decent pair of used 34 Fox Floats but even at half price I can get a pair of new X fusion. However, I reckon I will change my frame in the next 12 months and don’t want to be buying forks twice in one year… and yes I am sure my next purchase will be 650b!

I ordered the travel adjust version so at 130mm the A2C is roughly the same as my 140 so climbing should not be impacted, and at 160 descending should be more fun albeit with a slightly higher BB and slacker seat angle.

The offset is different on the sweep to by an almighty 4mm which I had convinced myself is nothing but then again, x fusion changed the offset from the 26″ specific Slant for a reason.

So my mind is wandering, I quite like my Zesty. It is the small size so reach is not quite right for me at 5′ 7″ but it felt capable doing Garburn Pass this weekend. On the basis, I am going to keep my bike for a while, I do want the stiffer fork with longer travel…. should I change my order to the 26″ specific Slant?

I am looking specifically for feedback on what the +10mm on A2C and +4mm on offset will feel like between the 650b and 26″ specific fork will feel like??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Zesty 160mm – A2C and offset question?’ is closed to new replies.