Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Zee mech + 1×10 setup question
  • finners

Can I use a Zee free ride mech with a 1×10 setup with t-Rex ring?

bigshep
    Free Member

That’s what I use 🙂

mcnultycop

Same here

tmb467
    Free Member

IME it wouldn’t work properly

Broke three Zee mechs trying to get it right – although the mechs were made of cheese. Chain line, b-tension all have to be perfect and once it does work, any little issue causes skipping gears / slipping chains

YMMV tho – others got it to work fine

XT medium cage is perfect for me so I’ll stick with it

tmb467
    Free Member

Ahem. Chain length – not line

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I use a Zee FR mech with a T-Rex on my Trance and it’s been excellent.

eulach

I’m still a bit dubious about this working. Any tips for setting it up other than getting the chain length spot on?

finners

Hmm, mixed reviews then
    An XT medium cage was the other option.

chiefgrooveguru

Just possibly on a hardtail, almost no chance on a full-sus.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

If you can the xt medium cage with a RAD plate is the most reliable/functional way of doing it short of going for the sram xx1. Anything else requires some bodging and a bit of luck 🙂

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

oh – OTHER OPTION: if you’re planning on running without a chainguide then you can simply keep your granny and manually shift it down for that hour long upwards stuggle. If the up is shorter there are two options htfu. or 1×10 is not for you – it isnt for everyone! 🙂 (several ews racers run 2×10)

kimbers

I’m using a 40t one up and a 32t narrow wide on my full suss with a zee fr mech and its working well very sensitive to chain length though wouldn’t work one link either side

kimbers

You can buy a medium cage back plate and a rad cage for your zee. More info on the one up page

ti456neal
    Free Member

I used a zee fr mech, 11-36 cassette fitted with 40t-Rex and 34t hope retainer ring on my covert. Worked fine, no issues other than shifting got vague as the chain got more worn, but that was mainly down to the b-tension screw being wound in so far for the t-Rex.
    I’ve got a rad cage on an XT mech now, but only cos I wanted to sharpen up the shifting, and I like the green anodising 8)

davewalsh
    Free Member

On my spitfire I’m running a zee rear mech and there is only just enough capacity to cope with an 11-36 cassette and the chain growth of the suspension. It may work on a ht or full suss with practically no chain growth, however there’s no chance of it working on mine. Med cage xt mech is the safe option.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Zee mech + 1×10 setup question’ is closed to new replies.