Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Zee groupsets anywhere?
  • scruff
    Free Member

I may be in need of a full big bike build, anywhere stocking Zee groupsets, I cant see any. Dont mind if its from Ze Germans (igmc).

scruff
    Free Member

bump.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got my mech from bike-discount.de, roseversand.de for the bits they dont do or are cheeper. I think they had everything between them. TBH unless you actualy want a matching groupset, some of it (cranks especialy) look like deore level kit for XT money. I’d get SLX cranks, XT shifter, zee mech, SLX brakes (because I’ve not seen Zee for less than £96 + rotors, SLX is about £55 + rotors per end and is already very powerfull).

andyrm
    Free Member

I’m running Zee and can vouch for it being absolutely spot on.

My recommendations would be Zee brakes, mech, cranks and an XT iSpec shifter, just to keep things a little tidier.

The 4 pot brakes really are something. Scary at first, but then a couple of rides in, you really do reap the benefits of all the extra power.

🙂

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Andyrm, what other good brakes have you used? I’m currently in the market myself and haven’t considered zee. Just checking you’re not one of these **** that post saying how great something is without anything to relate it to. 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

To me the zee cranks look a bit like the `old’ M665 SLX Double and Bash cranks, but as they are not hollowtech, are a fair whack heavier and i presume more expensive.

As an aside does anyone know how the latest SLX cranks compare in stiffness to the old M665’s?

scruff
    Free Member

I was looking at Zee drivetrain and SLX brakes, possibly a Zee front brake.
    Crank looks strong and single ring which is fine.

Has anyone seen a Zee chain device? I remember seeing pics of a Saint one but dont think anythings on the market yet.

kimbers

the zee cranks do look like deores, but with pedal washers do they have inserts too?

i rode with deore cranks on my dh bike for a couple of years, alps etc no problems and if im being honest no difference in stiffness compared to the saints i have on now

slx are only 100g lighter than the deores and saints (i weighed em myself)

Scamper
    Free Member

I think the zee have pedal inserts and stiffer axle like the M665 SLX, but heavier?

scruff
    Free Member

Zee has steel inserts and stronger/heavier arms & axle.

bentudder

The zee cranks are very similar to Deores, but with steel pedal inserts.

I’ve got Deore cranks and older XT jobs. The weight was within about 20gms with BB and with the rings removed. The biggest difference is in the rings – Deores are steel inner and mid.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve used Magura Louise BAT carbon on 203 rotors, XT and Hope M4 – Zee are definitely the best out of that lot 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Zee groupsets anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.