Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Zane Lowe Leaving Radio 1
  • dragon
    Free Member

Never could stand the sound of his voice and his stupid semi-NZ/US accent. Glad to see the back of him.

+1

Haven’t listened to R1 on a weekday since he turned up.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I just thou..
    HEY BRINGING YOU THE FRESHEST NEW TUNES AND SOME CLASSICS FROM WAYYY BACK IN. THA. DAY.
    ..ght he Inter..
    AT 7 TONIGHT THE HOTTEST RECORD IN THE WORLD FORM THE SICKEST NEW GROUP ON THE BLOCK, BRINGING IT WITH INTEGRITY AND PASSION AND SOO MUCH LOVE YOU JUST GOTTA BE DOWWWN WITH IT
    rupted everything too…
    BLASTING INTO THE STRATOSPHERE OF ROCK WE’VE GOT “ULENEVAHURDOVUS” SMASHING IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK INTO THE SPAAACE PARK
    …much with his….
    I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS TRACK I’M GONNA SPOUT SHIT OVER 90% OF IT
    idiotoc interjections.

DezB
    Free Member

chakaping
    Wow, a music thread on which DezB is the only person I agree with.

Oh, shit, I musta said something wrong! 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not just his voice though, grating as it is.

It’s his woeful interview technique as detailed above, his obsessive need to pass judgement on whether music is cool or not and his monumental self-regard.

I’ve only listened to a few shows, but one thing that stuck in my mind was when he was talking about having Quentin Tarantino in recently.

QT is a creative giant compared to Lowe obvs and a man who has personally selected some awesome tunes for the soundtracks of his many interesting and entertaining movies.

But Lowe declares that the interview was excruciatingly painful because QT admitted that he liked a recent Maroon 5 song.

I mean, they’re not my cup of tea – but you’ve got to be a massive **** to make a point of talking about that.

[/rant]

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Grimshaw would have been the better replacement if he wasn’t doing breakfast.

. That muppet is the reason I’m currently listening to Kiss when I have to drive to work. He never shuts up. At least kiss plays some music. I never thought I would have to stoop to kiss.

Back to the OP:
    I don’t think he had an enthusiasm for music – he was just hyperactive. I felt you could really hear this when he was interviewing. I think he was a terrible interviewer. He just reeled off a list of questions with no interest in the answers.

CaptJon
    Free Member

timthetinyhorse – Member
    Really? I fail to see in any way how he would be suitable to replace zane in this slot.

Grimshaw used to have a show late night, maybe the 10pm slot… where he played new and non-mainstream stuff. He’s changed his presenting style and the music is now straight from the playlist no he’s doing breakfast, but he still gets pretty good DJ gigs (partly due to connections, but also because of his taste in music).

wallop

So who do we vote replaces Keavney when he finally trots off? I love Mary Anne but I’d want to save her for weekends when I can listen to the whole show.

wrecker
    Free Member

Grimshaw is a self absorbed twunt. Just keep him on R1 in the mornings and we all know exactly when to avoid the name dropping codpiece.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bring back Fat Harry White I say…

Aaaawhhooooooooo?

zippykona

So who do we vote replaces Keavney when he finally trots off? I love Mary Anne but I’d want to save her for weekends when I can listen to the whole show.

Anyone but Tarrant or Moyles.

hora
    Free Member

If I hear Hawian music played by Keaveny anymore I’ll **** scream.

Send him to Radio One the mumbling fool.

jools182
    Free Member

I heard that Zane is going to the states to work for Apple

He’s always wanted to be American, I’m sure he’ll fit right in

hora
    Free Member

The only good thing about Keaveney this morning is playing Ping Pong by Stereolab 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

I wonder if Matt Everett could do it on his own?

zippykona

Hora,knowing that his voice will follow that wonderful song would make me have to turn off half way through.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Zane Lowe Leaving Radio 1’ is closed to new replies.