Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • z3 compact users
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Not impressed with the battery. Had it a month now and it struggles to last the day with a bit of surfing emailng and facebooking. No gaming as such. How’s yours? Is mine dodgy?

verses

Not quite the same, but I’m very impressed with the battery life of my Z1 compact.

I easily get 1 day out of it and can get 2 without trying too hard.

Having said that I’ve noticed it’s a little worse over the last 2 days, possibly due to a new app (Netflix and TomTom Mysports were added earlier this week so are prime suspects).

daver27
    Free Member

have you got Stamina mode turned on? makes all the difference…

verses

I haven’t enabled stamina mode

13thfloormonk

Z1 Compact here, stamina on, location off, most automatic updates etc. also off, don’t use the stereo (still have my trusty Sony iPod copy, 6 years and going strong!).

Can pretty easily get two days out of it.

fubar
    Free Member

I think mine is great for battery life. Mine lasts days (I’d guess around 5) but it’s not actually doing very much much – checking time, odd call and text and checking emails. Okay I’m not the most demanding user but my old Galaxy S2 (with old battery) had to be charged pretty much every day for similar use.

andybrad

using mine every 20 mins and it lasts a day to 50%

u02sgb
    Free Member

That’s quite surprising, I’ve been really impressed at the battery life. Have a look in Settings -> Power Management -> App power consumption to see what’s using it up.

If you’ve got lots of power being used by (I think) “Media Server” it could be a problem with the SD card. Mine would initially hammer through the battery because I had corrupted files on the SD card it kept trying to read. Popping it into a PC and running Checkdisk on it fixed the issue.

GSAM battery monitor on the play store also good to get a detailed breakdown of what’s using the battery.

13thfloormonk

Slight hijack – does anyone with a Z1 Compact have issues opening links from the Facebook App? I keep getting a ‘unfortunately Chrome has stopped’ message.

In truth it’s just saving me from reading junk that people link to on facebook so I probably shouldn’t complain…

scotroutes

No problem with mine Ian

verses

My Z1 opens FB links ok.

sing1etrack

My Z1 comp opens FB links in some sort of FB browser, not Chrome – can you change in the app settings?

verses

That seems to be a new “feature” I disabled it in the settings;
    – Tap the 3 lines icon on the top right
    – Scroll down to and tap “App Settings”
    – Select “Always open links with external browser”

chrismac

My z3 compact does 2 days before a charge comfortably with stamina mode turned on

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Battery on my z1 compact lasts ages too (in smartphone terms).

13thfloormonk

Hmm, no option to change how I open links, maybe you guys are on a different version of the FB app?

Might be worth turning updates back on just to be sure, I just got annoyed with the phone constantly downloading stuff in the background!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘z3 compact users’ is closed to new replies.