Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Yugoslav 80s computer magazines
  • Harry_the_Spider
    RustySpanner

Wonder what the closing date is?

Trimix
    Free Member

I bet some of the pages are stuck together.

Harry_the_Spider

…if Brady and Hindley had paid attention in school.

Cougar

WTF is going on with the dead guy in the monitor? Was that designed by David Lynch?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I think his back end framework failed when she decided to get her bootstrap on.

Cougar

Disappointed to find he’d brought a 3.5″ floppy?

cookeaa

Beginnings of the dark Web perhaps?

RustySpanner

RustySpanner

We may have a (German, I presume) winner 😯

Alan Davies hasn’t changed much, has he?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkuJXGldrM[/video]

The 1995 socially awkward tournament of champions was one to remember.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rule 34.

rs
    Free Member

Awesome, forwarding to my Yugo software developer wife 😯

nickc

I have so many follow up questions about most of the covers

MoreCashThanDash

I was curious as to what the OP was googling to find that, but it seems he is not alone….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Top thread 🙂

scuttler

The price of becoming a zillionaire… You have to wonder if it was worth it.

epicyclo

I flicked through all those covers looking at the software etc on them, and then realised the point was the more ornamental features…

Is that geeky enough?

Northwind

Certainly couldn’t happen here

MrSmith
    Free Member

And computers/programming are still dull however you you try and ‘sex it up’
    How do they try and sell it as a career now? Leather seats in the mid range company car and a free iPhone? Or is it a team building monthly meal out at Hooters as recompense for working in a windowless office on a half built technology park in Slough?

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure that’s a perfect equivalent NW – the target market for that is somewhat different to the target market of those Yugo mags.

johnx2
    Free Member

We fought in the Maxxis calendar wars for this?? 😯

(I hope everyone’s enjoying this excellent find ironically, no? 😀 )

scaredypants

I’m not sure that’s a perfect equivalent NW – the target market for that is somewhat different to the target market of those Yugo mags.

1980s computer programmers were, presumably, the first folk to discover the existence of pron on the internet. Surely, an early-adopting tugmonkeyis an early-adopting tugmonkey ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

? Or is it a team building monthly meal out at Hooters as recompense for working in a windowless office on a half built technology park in Slough?

I think it’s the nice offices and relaxed atmosphere most new big tech have that attracts them, personally my fantastic windowed office looking over a nice harbour and down the river negates any hooters trips that and the flexibility 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Watching that was almost as uncomfortable as watching Risky Business with my parents when I was 14.

mrblobby
    Free Member

And computers/programming are still dull however you you try and ‘sex it up’
    How do they try and sell it as a career now?

Next time I’m over in India or China I’ll find out and report back.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Stuff haven’t had girlie covers since 2014, they started doing two covers (one with a model on the front, the other one showcasing tech) in the months leading up to the change and found the non-model one sold better, unsurprisingly.

redthunder
    Free Member

http://amr.abime.net/issue_2137

Finland…

It turns out to have been the photographer’s daughter, and they had to sneak out to the golf course after it closed for the day and hurry up to take the picture, as it was against the etiquette at the club to play golf in a bikini… While there were no more pictures inside the magazine, at least they had a special on Links which was the reason for the cover.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Yugoslav 80s computer magazines’ is closed to new replies.