Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • YT Wicked second hand would you?
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Looking at one of these with all the bling kit fitted?

But resale will be important for me

Bos suspension
    26″ wheelsize (Mavics Crossmax)

What other factors should I consider apart from obvious signs of wear and tear and abuse.

What say the STW experts?

Thanks

hora
    Free Member

Unless its like a Lapierre I would.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The price?
    Unfortunately the arse has fallen out of the used 26″ market. How long do you plan to keep it for?

kevin1911

Yep, there are some stonking bargains on used 26ers at the moment. I’d definitely buy a used Wicked, 26″ or not. In fact, been looking for one for ages. So, yes, there would be demand for a used Wicked, but might not hold its value as well as the 650b option.

sazter

tricky… Where are you seeing such a bike? I want a Wicked, but the spec you mention is sold out from what I can see, so I am looking at the 650b and hoping that the geo etc is as dialled as it was on the 26er… If you have other info then please share! 😀 26 for life n all that! (Also I am a short-legged female so wee bikes are better!)

tomaso
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about resale value given how much high end kit is on the Wicked – flogging BOS forks and Crossmax wheels and then the frame on should protect any concerns regarding secondhand value.

Personally resale value is the least of my concerns when buying a bike because its normally very little once its worn out, battered, scratched and dented…

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    Real world decision needs to be made
    If you had a choice of this or a new 29 stumpjumper evo spec for same money which would you go for?

tomaso
    Free Member

IMO it depends where and how you ride.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I want to get into the Lakes more but my twice weekly rides at present are in places like Gisburn and other northern trail centres. I tend to ride solo and max 3-4 hours at present. My thought on the YT with its amzing on paper spec might be too much for those type of rides, the Stumpy seems to be a bit more in keeping with 9/10 rides I’ll do with the potential to step up and get pretty close on those occasions /areas and conditions where the YT might excel?
    Richard

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

if its the one on Pinkbike then i know the rider selling it. Very well specced and looked after bike and will be a great ride (the bike that is).

Why you buying a bike if you are thinking of selling it on anyway?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘YT Wicked second hand would you?’ is closed to new replies.