Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • YT Tues
  • joep93
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking at buying a YT Tues, and was wondering whether anyone has experience with their sizing?

I’m 6 foot 3 and I’m thinking about ordering a Large, but I don’t know whether it will be big enough.

Any help would be appreciated

sharkattack

I’m 6’2″ on an old alloy large. Fits me mine for a DH bike but I rode the new large carbon demo bike in France this year and it was considerably longer. I’d quite happily ride either mine or the new one.

acidchunks

There’s a big thread on Pinkbike where this question comes up a lot.

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=90791

McGazza was taller than you and he seemed to get on pretty well with a large 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve got one in large . I’m 185cm. I’m happy with the size, but it isn’t the longest DH bike I’ve ridden. It is however an absolute beast and I love it. It’s a couple of upgrades away (which I’ve done) in being everything I want in DH bike

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve got 650b Tues CF and I’m 6 2. Like you I was worried it might be a bit small but I was completely wrong, it’s huge. It’s almost like you have to put an order into the captain just to turn it!

joep93
    Free Member

Thanks for your help guys! I think I’ll be putting an order in when I’m back from my travels

enigmas
    Free Member

There’s an XL coming next year, dirt posted a photo of it on their instragram a while back.

I rode a large carbon Tues a while back at a demo day and found it fitted me well at 6ft1, though I wouldn’t have liked it any smaller!

rhid

Is it the Alloy or Carbon version as they are slightly different reaches. The CF one is a bit longer. Don’t know if that helps but I found this out when i was looking at them recently.

will100
    Free Member

I’d say it depends on what you’re used to. I’m also 6″3 and considered a Tues however when I compared the reach figures to my trail bike I thought it would be too short so I opted for something a bit longer. The Canyon Sender comes out at similar money and both the L and XL quote a longer reach than the L Tues. It’d be worth having a sit on one if you get the chance to see what you think before you buy.

honourablegeorge

Have a friend who is about 5’8″ and he loves his Large Tues – I think it’d be ont he small side for you at 6’3″ – would consider the Sender

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s an XL coming next year

Yep, silly not to wait a bit IMO.

I’ve had a pedal round on a large and I think it’d suit me well, but I’m 5ft 8in.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

To add to this I also think it depends where you ride

joep93
    Free Member

Thanks again for the help, does anyone have a link to the article on the XL release?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘YT Tues’ is closed to new replies.