Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • YT Jeffsy in the Alps
  • tuboflard

Already got a trip to the Alps booked and paid for this summer (with Trail Addiction). I’m currently without a “sensible” bike to take with me, and the obvious choice is to spend my money on something like an Enduro or Capra, but to be honest, when I then get back to the UK I have a nagging feeling that it’ll be total overkill for what I usually ride (living as I do in the Dark Peak).

So, the Jeffsy looks, to me at least, more of a burly 29er which will then still do what I want back home. But will it be a bit under biked in the Alps? I’ve only ever used my DH bike in the Alps to date, but that has all been on bike park trails, and I don’t expect to spend the week this year doing manmade stuff. Any advice appreciated especially from anyone who owns a Jeffsy, and even better, if you’d had it in the Alps.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

It will be more than fine

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

it will be absolutely fine

godzilla
    Free Member

it’ll be fine ish, there was as lift that was reputed to throw 29ers off, the one behind TWR, the name escapes me.

wallop

The Ecudets lift up to La Rosiere

Never mind the Alps – a Capra isn’t overkill for the Peak, it’s bloody perfect.

There must be half a dozen in our group and one Jeffsy

tuboflard

OK thanks all, looks like I could go with either option. What’s the Capra like for general mileage and not thrashing it on every turn. Old(ish) creaky body isn’t up to full bore riding every turn, but if it is good to ride at 80% then may well be the better option then? Is it significantly heavier?

I rarely do rides over 20 miles, but it’s fine. I’d happily spend all day on it if I was fit enough – it’s a really good climber. In fact the mate on the Jeffsy struggles on technical climbs that he didn’t struggle on his Orange 5.

It doesn’t feel heavy to me, but I’m not a weight weenie – think my Large CF Comp comes in a shade under 30lbs inc pedals

P-Jay
    Free Member

She’ll be mint, I haven’t owned a DH in 5-6 years, big trail bikes aren’t the same, but you can still ride most of the same stuff on them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘YT Jeffsy in the Alps’ is closed to new replies.