Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • YT Jeffsy 29er sizing for tall riders
  • robintait

I’m 6″4 and like the look of the YT Jeffsy 29er, wondering if any tall riders ahve got the XL size and what they thought?

I tried the 21.5″ trek 29fuel ex and it fit pretty nice, dimensions look similar, but was hoping a fellow tall person could offer there opinion,

cheers

eyestwice
    Free Member

From what I’ve read, the XL is the one to go for if you’re a 6-footer.

That makes me wonder about the upper limit, it implies that the sizing is pretty small all round.

Not much help I’m afraid but now can’t be bothered to delete what I’ve written 😀

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m 6ft and have a large. Wouldn’t like to think I was riding an XL to be honest.

The reach is spot in with a 50mm stem and 800mm bars and I’m fairly evenly proportioned. If I was scaled up to 6’4″ I would go XL

I always have Large frames and this feels good although I would say it feels bigger than other bikes I’ve ridden.
    It looks huge when it’s not being ridden but apparently once I get my fat carcass on it it looks well proportioned!

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Steve

robintait

cheers for the feedback.

Probably sounds like it will fit then, there website says XL 6ft to 6″6, so that with you saying it feels big should be good.

hopefully my fat ass will be proportioned aswell!

Leku
    Free Member

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189473

200 pages. I’m sure someone has asked the same question.

fatgit
    Free Member

Just for more info
    I bought a Carbon frame off here and built it up with 1×11 stuff I had except the forks so I bought Boost Pikes and fitted a Fox X2 shock(not that there was anything wrong with the standard Fox one) and it’s a fantastic bike.
    Climbs well and is ultra stable going down.
    It’s just so fast!!!!
    I’m sure you’ll love it
    Cheers
    Steve

enigmas
    Free Member

Demoed an XL Jeffsy 29, I’m 6ft1.

Thought the sizing was spot on for me, I could have gone slightly longer tbh. I would say it would be too short for you at 6ft4 unfortunately.

Also really didn’t rate the jeffsy. I felt it was twitchy and unstable and felt ‘on top’ of the bike rather than in it. I doubt it was the suspension as I’m well used to setting up pikes/monarchs as I’ve had them on my bike for the last 3 years.

For comparison, I demoed a whyte T-129 in XL a few weeks after and loved it, completely the opposite of the jeffsy, long stable and ‘in the bike’. The newer fox suspension on it was also seriously impressive.

davosaurusrex

Not ridden a Jeffsy but I’m near enough 6’4″ – the reach on the Jeffsy looks to be only marginally longer than the XL Stumpjumper I had which was a bit short. I bought a 21.5″ 2017 Trek Fuel EX a few weeks back which is a good bit longer, also has shorter stays than the Jeffsy and is slacker to boot. Even with new bike-itis it is the best bike I’ve owned by a fair margin, it rides superbly. So in true STW fashion get one of them.

alanm
    Free Member

I’ve got a large Jeffsy with 40mm stem fits perfect and I am 5’9″

Trimix
    Free Member

YT are doing demos at Swinley and FoD very soon. Google will tell you when exactly.

robintait

Thought I’d update, got delivery of the XL 29er Jeffsy today, size is bang on for me,feels nice and stable and comfortable on climbs. wouldn’t want it too much longer personally, I found it comparable with 21.5 fuel X for fit( both fitted well)

I’m 6″4 for reference, only done a quick jaunt can’t wait for a full test run!

russyh
    Free Member

I love mine! It’s so fast and confidence inspiring!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘YT Jeffsy 29er sizing for tall riders’ is closed to new replies.