Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • YT Industries Wicked – Anyone have a Medium or Large in the South/South West??
  • michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Hi all,

Potentially getting a YT Wicked but being mail order only im struggling to decide on size so would be great to have a sit on a medium and a large.

Im an average 6ft, 32″ legs. I ride a Medium Stumpjump Evo at the moment, but feel i should be on a Large. My only concern is ive read the Wicked’s are long, and may in fact be better on the medium wicked….

anyway, if someone has real world experience with one, or even better has one close to Swindon, Wiltshire then id appreciate having a ‘sit’ on one to get a feel for size.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

m_brazier AT hotmail DOT com

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

I knew there weren’t many about, but none at all!? 🙂

zero-cool
    Free Member

While out in the Alps last year I had a spin on a Large Wicked 160 Ltd. really liked it and it handled The trails from Avoriaz to Linderets really well and took it for a bit of an uphill road ride back to Avoriaz (via some sneaky footpath/off piste DH) and it pedalled a by better than my 18″ Alpine.
    I’m 5’11 with a 32″ inside leg and felt the Large was perfect for me.

Tom KP

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback Tom. Sounds promising that i may be best on the Large as expected. My only concern was stand over, and even with the dropper down, it not being ‘out the way’ enough for proper descending.

Thanks.

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

One last ask before this thread disappears into the ether… Anyone with experience or has a YT Wicked?

Thanks 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

ask on MTB-news.de

greman forum but many are clued up enough to speak a bit of englisch. there is a section dedicated to YT bikes.

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Cant find the YT section – but i’ll ask in a more general area 🙂 Thanks.

mrbeach
    Free Member

My son has a medium Wicked 150. He tried the medium and large at the Passportes last year and plumped for the medium. As far as I can remember there was not a vast amount of difference between the two except for the top tube length. He is about 5’11” with around a 31-32 legs and he seems really pleased with it. We are in Hampshire if that’s any use.

andysandes
    Free Member

I’ve got one in large. Based in Bristol if you want to have a sit on it. Also likely to be in the forest of dean (at pedal a bike away) on Sunday if that works.

They are good bikes and great value for money. I’m 6ft 2″.

Cheers

Andy

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Im also at FOD sunday! I’ll drop you an email 🙂

EDIT – got a bounce back to your email! Please email me at m_brazier AT hotmail DOT com

racingsnail
    Free Member

I have one, I’m 5 11 and got a medium and glad I did.
    I had ordered a large but changed my mind halfway through the order, could never get a good answer on the sizing thing I’m guessing I’m in-between sizes.

elltell
    Free Member

I’m 6ft+ I’m on a yt wicked medium and love it however, id like to point out that I have massive regrets I didn’t go large.

GO LARGE!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries Wicked – Anyone have a Medium or Large in the South/South West??’ is closed to new replies.