Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • YT Industries – Capra is coming…..
  • kimbers

the comp2 at 2700 quid

wow

Northwind

Quite long wait times mind.

I thought I’d seen pics (in Dirt?) of a colourscheme like the comp2 but with yellow highlights- so a bit more understated than the Pro (and taking the eyes away from the ugly brace in the front triangle) but not as boring as the comp2. But it doesn’t seem to be an option, am disappoint.

godzilla
    Free Member

I liked the grey and yellow one with the black forks too 🙁

hexhamstu
    Free Member

No finance option 🙁

hexhamstu
    Free Member

definitely the best colour scheme. I hate white bikes.

AlexSimon

The cheapest is the nicest looking, then the top one, then the middle.
    Nothing against green, but it’s a bit messy.

I’m trying to forget about them, with limited success 🙂

Edit – yes that grey one with bos does look great.

Northwind

That’s the one! Mmm.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I can understand they want branded stuff on their bikes, but geez, E13 wheels & having to deal with a company in Germany when they repeatedly fall apart.

The cheapest one is the best looking, apart from the above. Having looked at the numbers, it wouldn’t be for me, TT is a bit on the short side….

hexhamstu
    Free Member

E13 wheels are useless are they? I’ve not heard much about them.

Shandy
    Free Member

Do they take the full price of the bike off you on order and hold it for 2 or 3 months?

pedroball
    Free Member

I suspect the price is down to the fact they don’t need to finance their working capital – that and the cutting out the middle man.

AlexSimon

Shandy – paypal deposit I think, then balance later (via bank transfer I think)

Shandy
    Free Member

Thanks Alex, that would put it into the new C2W year…

gaz552
    Free Member

So is anyone tempted/buying one of these then?

Not sure how the rear suspension setup would feel compared to others. (linkage driven single pivot etc. etc.)

hexhamstu
    Free Member

If they had an XL I’d be buying one.

skolt
    Free Member

size large is pretty big – check the size chart. Good up to 6’4″ apparently.

gaz552
    Free Member

I had a quick look at the sizes and it appears the reach on the medium sized YT Capra is the same as a medium Kona Process 153. So that should bode well for the frames sizing, but obviously there’s more to a frame than just reach, really wish you could get a demo on one of these.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Still don’t understand why they didn’t do the grey and yellow one!

gaz552
    Free Member

hexhamstu – Member

Still don’t understand why they didn’t do the grey and yellow one!
    The green one with the colours inverted would look great. Main colour Grey with Green highlights.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Good ol’ write up in MBUK.

It really is too much bike though isn’t it? (I’m convincing myself here…)

Fantastic value mind. Would it be considered déclassé to buy the bike in a box and mosey into your LBS and ask them to build it? It would seem a reasonable request, but I’m not fully versed in the unwritten rules of LBS etiquette!

Northwind

eightyeight – Member

It really is too much bike though isn’t it? (I’m convincing myself here…)

Depends on you really, I don’t see it being that much “more” bike than my Hemlock frinstance and I’ve always been as happy bashing it round red routes as doing uplifts/alps/world cup dhs etc.

Big bikes these days can be pretty amazing, like, ride a Mojo HD, there’s hardly any penalty for the travel and strength. (though it’s not that good at the long travel thing IMO) so if they can capture that and add better geometry, it’ll probably be grand.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind, I was subconsciously trying to dismiss it. My first attempt at this was reasoning that it was just a list of top end components they’d just thrown together, an endure bingo if you will. Though every write up says it also rides like a dream…..doh!

I heard rumours of a YT demo tour??

chiefgrooveguru

I think the only thing about it that could be ‘too much’ bike for my all round riding would be the slackness – I like slack bikes but around here in the dry it’s almost impossible to whip <66 deg bikes along the twistiest trails at full speed. Still, an angleset could fix that!

wl
    Free Member

Whether it’s good or not, the snobs won’t buy it because it’s too cheap.

eightyeight
    Free Member

‘Impossible to whip’ – That gave me a good laugh….Give me the most whipabble whippiest whip-machine, I still couldn’t whip it.

Wl – I will be copying and pasting that statement as part of my broader funds application.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whether it’s good or not, the snobs won’t buy it because it’s too cheap.

Or some people wont part with cash based on a couple of mag reviews. The problem with the direct sales bikes is it’s hard to see them, test them, size them up and then decide if you want it.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Agree with you Mike, I’d absolutely need to demo it.

wl
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more myself, but what I said still stands in relation to some folk.

BoardinBob

Would it be considered déclassé to buy the bike in a box and mosey into your LBS and ask them to build it?

If it arrives anything like my Canyon then building it will amount to straightening the bars, fitting the pedals and popping the wheels in. Hardly worthy of LBS attention unless you’re completely ham fisted

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Would it be considered déclassé to buy the bike in a box and mosey into your LBS and ask them to build it?

Not at all just expect to pay properly for it.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries – Capra is coming…..’ is closed to new replies.