Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • YT Industries – Capra is coming…..
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Extremely twitchy

Talk is that the other two models are pike equipped with e13 wheels….

kimbers

perfectly legible jones review here

http://dirtmag.co.uk/featured/world-exclusive-yt-capra.html

rs version from 3199!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Review? It reads like an advert, 10 quid says the guy hasn’t even ridden it. The photos all look like promotional shots from YT.

honourablegeorge

Says a lot when that’s considered a legible Jones review.

kimbers

Ill take that wager tom!

bungalistic
    Free Member

They (Dirt) were invited out for an exclusive test on the bike. Sounds more like a first ride that left them impressed than an actual review.

northernshaggy
    Free Member

gaz552
    Free Member

That is a very nice looking bike. Probably completely over kill for anywhere most of us would be riding it. Hopefully that much travel doesn’t mean it just plows through stuff rather than feel light and ‘poppy’.

kayak23

The Liteville 601 is 170mm of travel I believe. A mate has one built up ridiculously light. 28lbs if I recall.
    If that could pedal and come anywhere near that, it’s looking like an awesome bike. It’s lush…

gaz552
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member

The Liteville 601 is 170mm of travel I believe. A mate has one built up ridiculously light. 28lbs if I recall.
    If that could pedal and come anywhere near that, it’s looking like an awesome bike. It’s lush…

You never hear/see much about the Liteville 601 tbh which I guess would be a direct competor to Capra.

AlexSimon

It’s all amazing well timed for the launch isn’t it 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Still, I think I might be tempted to buy the Pike equiped one. No point paying for the BOS suspension as I don’t feel like waiting months for servicing.

The green one looks perfect! Think I might go for the midrange model and chuck some carbon derby wheels on it 🙂

I must say, I really do love the look of the ‘lower’ spec model! (If Pikes can be thought of as lower spec lol). The yellow and white looks a bit gopping.

alpin
    Free Member

You never hear/see much about the Liteville 601 tbh which I guess would be a direct competor to Capra.

probably someting to do with the ridiculous RRP for the frame.

nice bikes, Litevilles, but i put them in the catergory of “more cash than skills”…. well, the owners, at least.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They (Dirt) were invited out for an exclusive test on the bike. Sounds more like a first ride that left them impressed than an actual review.

You mean they were flown out, given 5 star hotel rooms, taken to dinner and then possibly a strip club before finally being allowed to ride a bike before anyone else does.

Who wouldn’t give it a good review/first ride impression.

gaz552
    Free Member

The green one looks great but the grey one is probably the one I’d buy tbh.
    Will be interested to see what people make of the rear suspension setup as it’s different to the ‘swinging bar'(don’t know it’s proper name/term) setup they use on their Wicked.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The black one looks best, but it’s got the wrong wheels & suspension on it, and too much travel.

Nice to see a bike from them (albeit only one) that doesn’t say YT WICKED, YT YT WICKED WICKED YT in hideous text and colours all over it.

skolt
    Free Member

Hob Nob – the hideous paint schemes are an attempt to stop old folk buying the bikes. YT stands for Young Talent …..bit ironic really.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Probably no chance of an XL frame….

godzilla
    Free Member

I was hoping for a bit less travel to be honest, on a brighter note it seems my Patriot with 170mm forks and not dissimilar spec is now “Enduro” so i don’t need one 😀
    Best start shopping for a trail bike.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m guessing the top spec bike will be 170mm and the two lower spec bikes will be 160mm. I didn’t think pikes went to 160mm and the green bike looks slightly less slack

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

DIG

JCL
    Free Member

Geo ‘looks’ good. No bottle cage would be a no sale for me as I hate packs.

Also the sizing might be a bit weird looking at the seat tubes/lack of exposed post. Dunno why everyone doesn’t just copy the Kona geo to be honest.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I always read on here about people wanting bottle cages, but I can’t remember the last time I saw a proper mountain biker with one. Don’t they just bounce out on the rocky bits?

andeh

Aaargh! This is exactly the bike I need for summer, yet I can’t quite stretch to it! Anyone want a kidney? Good condition, minimal alcohol wear?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It was a serious point when I bought my bike. I hate wearing a pack.

Decent cages don’t lose bottles.

JCL
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve not lost a bottle for years. Food and pump in pocket, tool on the SWAT cage, tube taped to frame. Done.

In hot weather I reckon I dehydrate quicker wearing a pack and drinking than not wearing a pack and not drinking a thing. Packs suck.

gaz552
    Free Member

Rosss – Member
    I’m guessing the top spec bike will be 170mm and the two lower spec bikes will be 160mm. I didn’t think pikes went to 160mm and the green bike looks slightly less slack

Interesting point. The 650b/27.5 version of the RS Pikes is only 150mm travel not 170mm.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Theres a 160mm 27.5 pike. Do people care about facts on this site?

gaz552
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    Theres a 160mm 27.5 pike. Do people care about facts on this site?

Of course, but I did a quick look before posting and didn’t spot a 160mm travel option for pike in 27.5 version.

Getting back to Capra, the option of changing from the BOS fork to RS will also change the head angle.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On the dirt thing, having read it I’m aware that the bike has some BOS, XO and Mavic wheels. Not really a hint of what it rides like. The pics tell more than the discussion piece about do we need 170mm bikes.

As for bottle cages I would’t expect many FS bikes to have them, they generally sit right where suspension needs to be. I’d compromise on bottles over suspension design.

It looks like a solid Alps trail bike not sure I could justify it for the other 50 weeks though.

JCL
    Free Member

As for bottle cages I would’t expect many FS bikes to have them, they generally sit right where suspension needs to be. I’d compromise on bottles over suspension design.

You don’t need to compromise the kinematics, but you do need to manipulate the frame which can make them ugly to some.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kinematics the new buzzword then?.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep we all need to accentuate the kinematicness of the bike to ensure the sprungy sprungy bouncy bouncy stays ringfenced. Otherwise we would be better off heading fish.

The bottle cage point is it’s right where most designers want to put a shock. For the small minority who want one it’s not worth adding another design constraint.

kayak23

Bottle cage on that?
    Oh my days….

😉

JCL
    Free Member

There’s a guy around my way with an Aventador with a roof box!

Who needs to drink eh?

AlexSimon

Do those ruler marks on the green model fork stanchions mean it’s a Dual Position?

godzilla
    Free Member

Do those ruler marks on the green model fork stanchions mean it’s a Dual Position?

No

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Ohhhh all has been let loose on the YT website…

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/bikes/capra/

AlexSimon

typically overloaded website 🙂

Thanks godzilla – wasn’t sure.

godzilla
    Free Member

26lds 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries – Capra is coming…..’ is closed to new replies.