Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • YT Industries – Anyone bought one?
  • Rockdodger
    Free Member

Started looking for a new 160mm travel bike, looked at SC Nomad, Orange Alpine 160 and even looked at the Orange Five AM. The price of all of these is a fair wedge so I began looking at Canyon and then YT Industries where this came up: Wicked 160 Limited

For £2500 you get:
    Bos Vip’r Shock
    Bos Deville TRC Fork
    Sram XO Groupset with E13 Cranks
    Rock Shox Reverb
    Mavic Crossmax Wheels

Too good to be true or has anyone bought one of these?

ash.addy
    Free Member

Looks like a bargain, with the value of the parts you listed looks like you’re getting the rest of the bike for free!!

Northwind

I was just looking at that the other day, seems like incredible value… Dirt tested a Wicked a while back and were pretty impressed with it (as far as I can tell, Dirt reviews being what they are)

alpin
    Free Member

a friend has the “old” Noton and is happy as that bloke larry is…

top VFM. if you’re not happy with it then sell the parts and frame separately and you’re a winner.

steezysix
    Free Member

I bought a Wicked 150 last year and I love it. Obviously you can’t try before you buy, but the geometry is really good, just use the size calculator on the website and you should be fine. Only thing I found slightly annoying was paying for it, you have to do a bank transfer instead of being able to pay through the website, but it wasn’t a big deal. Took about a week to arrive. This year’s models look even nicer!

Rockdodger
    Free Member

steezysix what size did you get? the measurements on the website look a little obscure for the TT and effective TT. I was going to email them asking for them to give me some more measurements. It does look like an absolute bargain, and you’re right, if the frame is pants then swap the parts onto something else and it would still cost less than an Alpine 160!

steezysix
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and got a large. I’d been looking at getting a Zesty for while but on my budget the Wicked 150 meant I’d get a way better spec. I was a bit worried as the effective top tube length is longer than any of my previous bikes, but I swapped the stock stem and bars for a shorter/wider combo and it feels really good. If I was any shorter I think I’d want the medium. I think the geometry is slightly different for the 160 though? The guys at YT have been really good about answering any questions I had.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries – Anyone bought one?’ is closed to new replies.