Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • YT Ind. Capra
  • maico
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

scored a rare 10/10 in the may issue of the MBR

I’m sure that only came when you got the back page ad and several in the mag. Forgetting the actual score (as from when I used to read it the score could have nothing to do with the review and sometimes appeared to be added by someone else/advertising department) what did they say about it? mikewsmith – Member

They called it ‘the new benchmark enduro bike’

The rest of your post is nonsensical !

AlexSimon

Can someone who read the MBR review comment on what they said about it’s character? or climbing ability?

julians
    Free Member

They didnt talk much about its climbing ability, the review seemed to mainly focus on its descending ability, but they did have this to say:-

“it also has plenty of pace when you stomp on the pedals, so grinding to the top of a mountain or sprinting up a punchy singletrack climb on a timed race stage wont needlessly tax your energy levels”

“it really does deliver on its promise of riding the climbs like a trail bike to blast the descents like a DH rig.”

Bagstard
    Free Member

I can’t comment on this new one, but the wicked pro 26″ is 170mm travel, but doesn’t feel anything like that much, until you need it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The rest of your post is nonsensical !

They used to have a honest review of specialized generally, complain about a bunch of things on it then magically give it 9 or 10, specialized always won the comparison tests. About the same time the pages were covered with spec ads. I gave up reading the scores in bike tests when they stopped matching the article that was written.

Northwind

Travel’s all kind of relative, if you ride, say a Mojo HG with 160mm of quality travel, it doesn’t feel like a big bike- pedals seriously well, very controlled etc. No reason the YT couldn’t do the same. So if they could combine that with (sorry Ibis) better geometry there’s no reason such a big bike couldn’t work imo.

Can’t say I’ve ever ridden my 160mm bike and thought “needs more travel” except for full-on downhill. But if it can wear the fork without significant drawback, why not?

thepodge
    Free Member

I can remember a time when you were encouraged to by the worst spec bike on the market as it (in theory) meant that you were getting the best quality frame & everything else could be upgraded. By the same logic (excluding the direct to market sales) does this make these frames a load of parp or do we now consider frames to be almost as consumable as the parts attached to them and frames are no longer considered to be “a keeper”?

hora
    Free Member

Would a more proven suspension package be better? I.E pikes

Maybe the frame designer doesnt buy into the infamous ‘knock and murdered out terminology?

Northwind

@thepodge, we’ve just stopped assuming that expensive frames are better than cheaper frames.

hora – Member

Maybe the frame designer doesnt buy into the infamous ‘knock and murdered out terminology?

Apparently not, 2/3 of the models come with Pikes.

philfive
    Free Member

Knock and Murdered out?

metalheart
    Free Member

I was speaking to a mate who told me he’s ordered a Pro. Week 25 delivery he was told at the time (but that was back when it was just announced).

I might have to go see him when he gets it. Pity he’s in Nice….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

knocked out and murdered?

hora
    Free Member

knocked up and murdered?

maico
    Free Member

I seem to remember the Wicked Pro 650b with Pike forks was reduced to 2000 euro/ circa £1689 delivered at x-mas. The 2014 version is now quite a bit more.

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/de/Bikes/Trail/Wicked-650B-Pro?x0f5d8=4sh91l67nhpujkpdi8evcmult3

kayak23

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFeJkDqo7Sk[/video]

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Nice vid. I want one, guess it worked!

chakaping
    Free Member

So if you do order one, do you have to pay right now?

The website is unclear.

tops5
    Free Member

I really want one – just hoping they are still available if/when funds are available

jimoiseau
    Free Member

maico – the lower specced wicked 650b also has a pike at 2100 euros http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Trail/Wicked-650B

tomaso
    Free Member

1 thing puts me off the wicked – they are out of stock of mech hangers!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘YT Ind. Capra’ is closed to new replies.