Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • YT haven't returned my bike!
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

Does anyone know how long it is before I can start getting a bit shirty with YT Industries (legally) for not returning my warrantied bike?
    They told me that the expected turnaround time was 4 weeks, and that was 9 weeks ago.
    They’ve not replied to my emails asking what is going on, so I’d like to start threatening legal action if I can, to give them a kick up the arse!
    Any (useful 😉 ) advice welcomed.
    Ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No legal threshold for getting shirty, go for it.

tomd
    Free Member

Crazy idea but have you tried phoning them?

zero-cool
    Free Member

Judging by previous posts about waiting times (in general and not YT) you have to wait at least 5 minutes after you drop it off with the post office/courier so you’ve left it late.

I think waiting 9 weeks for a 4 week turnaround is perfectly acceptable. Crack on and get chasing.

Tom KP

cp

So glad I didn’t go yt last year when I had an opportunity to… Their after sales sounds appalling.

kevin1911

Yep, it does. Really putting me of the idea of buying one now. In fact, my first thought to the op’s predicament was to go to his credit card provider and get them to start making noises about recalling payment but then I remembered that yt don’t take cc’s. Maybe for this exact situation.

Edit: 9 weeks is ridiculous. Hit em everywhere. Social media, forums, email, phone. Out of curiosity, what was the fault they were supposed to be rectifying?

b45her
    Free Member

there’s a great big thread full of people having problems with their YT’s on a popular colour related mtb site.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Buy a metal bike & you should have minimal issues. Buy a plastic one at your peril.
    Hope you get it sorted.

nickfry228
    Free Member

Yep, tried phoning them and get put on hold. As soon as you’re on hold the costs start mounting up, and up, and up….
    A cracked frame was the problem, and an air leak on the Devilles.
    Plastic v metal…… I’ve cracked an Al frame as well. And a couple months ago my mates Al Vitus sheared completely through on the seat stay 🙁 CRCdid replace it though very quickly.

slordy
    Free Member

I was just about to press the button on the yt site to buy a Capra last year, after hearing all the horror stories about cracked frames etc and shoddy after sales, so glad I payed a bit more and bought from LBS. The couple of problems I’ve had have been sorted ASAP by LBS & manufacturer. 9 weeks is disgraceful get after them

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘YT haven't returned my bike!’ is closed to new replies.