Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • YT Capra woes
  • gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Cheers buddy,yeah your correct – I’ve certainly seen them for sale before so thought they were standard.
    Whilst my Capra was shock less I had a Glory with a 222×70 vivid sitting there doing nothing,I didn’t twig at the time only after .At least I know now I have a spare and interesting tuning option just sitting there .

makkag
    Free Member

Cf Comp owner here – no issues and its a amazing bike but have a mate that’s had a few on the bike i rode that convinced me- I can vouch for Matt at Plush – really good guy and very knowledgeable – has done all sorts for me and friends since he went independent !

Was the only BOS service agent in the UK for ages i think – BOS Are great but they effectively took to much on two quickly and cant keep up and now have by accounts lost all or some of the YT Contract

RickDraper
    Free Member

BOS Are shit but they effectively took to much on two quickly and cant keep up and now have by accounts lost all or some of the YT Contract

FTFY

BOS could have the best suspension product in the world but if you won’t support the distributors then there is no hope at all. Shows a lot when someone like TF tried to make it work a while back and ended up ditching the brand.

whiter74
    Free Member

I see on the website yt have dropped bos from the top pro race and replaced with the rockshox lyrik

colp

Latest update on the Monarch shock.
    Just spoken to SRAMtech who said maybe some time in December for a replacement shock. Incredible. they must be making a custom diamond encrusted one for me for it to take 2 months.

BoardinBob

they must be making a custom diamond encrusted one for me for it to take 2 months.

Or the parts are just on a slow boat from somewhere in the far east

transition1
    Free Member

BOS suspension is awesome when it works. I used to do warranty for Surf Sales before Jungle took over. I still do service Deville forks but not rear shocks. I fixed a friends Deville other day on their capra, it was loosing air on stripping the fork discovered one of the parts in the air assembly had been badly machined causing the fork to loose air, i got a replacement from Jungle but they had been waiting over 9weeks for parts, speaking from 1st hand experience I know BOS customer service sucks between August-September you will get nothing from them! French holidays in Aug then Sept they concentrating on next years products, I had countless emails to them asking for parts, seals & oil. I do still service Devilles but with SKF seals & aftermarket high performance suspension oil. We also didn’t want to deal with YT etc when we did BOS due to back then NO instructions came with the forks & NO body was equalzing the air chambers causing forks to cavitate we were in undated with forks going wrong!!

colp

It’s getting even better!
    Just spoke to SRAMtech again, asked them to send the faulty shock back to me. They are refusing to send it back as it’s dangerous to use, but can’t give any kind of date for a replacement, maybe December some time.
    I’ve told them I just want the shock back to send back either the shock, or the whole sh!tty bike back to YT. They can both “£$% right off. Arrggg!!!
    Should have bought a Nomad.

br
    Free Member

Just spoken to SRAMtech who said maybe some time in December for a replacement shock. Incredible. they must be making a custom diamond encrusted one for me for it to take 2 months.

Or they’ve already lots of work planned, and added yours to the next available slot.

colp

They’re not doing any work, just getting one posted from Taiwan.
    I just thought as they’ve delivered a brand new one on a brand new bike that was peeing out oil, they might make a bit of effort to replace it quickly.

bigjim

I was told 4-11 weeks for a replacement so could have been worse

boltonjon

Grounds to just return the whole bike in exchange for a refund??

I’ve heard a lot of stories about cracked frames, steering tubes, swing arms and mech hangers

Lovely looking & riding bike – but a lot of trouble

For the record…..i run BOS forks as well… 🙁

rickon
    Free Member

For some balance, I’ve been incredibly unlucky. My Enduro 650b destroyed its DBinline within a couple of rides, a few quick and friendly email exchanges with BikeScene (where I bought it from) and they’d sorted me out a new Monarch RC3 plus for free as replacement.

That, unfortuenly has also died. Totally not predictable or BikeScene or Specializeds fault, but after a few emails they’ve offered me a number of different shocks as replacement, and BikeScene are bending over backwards to sort me out.

They’re not my local bike shop, I bought online with them. So its no excuse to say that because they’re an internet business that they shouldn’t do their best by you.

kimbers

or Specializeds fault,

Unless their proprietary shock hardware is very sensitive to frame misalignment and has a reputation for causing shocks to fail……….

rickon
    Free Member

The Rockshox Monarch was borked from the box. Nothing to do with the side loading problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘YT Capra woes’ is closed to new replies.