Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Yt capra pro
  • nastybuller
    Free Member

Just ordered one and I was wondering if they come with euro style brakes with front on the left and rear on right?

Thanks

passtherizla
    Free Member

My tues did, but they’re avids so I just swapped them over.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Euro apparently so will need swapping over.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I don’t care, because I’m now incredibly jealous and won’t be talking to you ever again.
    Enjoy the bike.

timthetinyhorse

yup my wicked pro650b came with euro but easy to swap over

iain1775
    Free Member

passtherizla – Member
    My tues did, but they’re avids so I just swapped them over. for something more reliable

POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Fixed that for you

passtherizla
    Free Member

Haha they’ve been alright!!! As soon as they **** up they’re gone though.

julians
    Free Member

Sorry for the thread drift, but can any owners chime in with real world experience of how these Capra climb? We all know they’re great downhill, and the internet reviews reckon they climb well, but I’m interested in some real world views and comparisons to your previous bikes.

Cheers all.

RickDraper
    Free Member

They climb well for a big bike but a lesser travel bike will always climb better.

julians
    Free Member

So for a big bike they’re at the better end of the climbing spectrum? Better than a mojo hd?

Currently have a fairly heavily built mojo hd you see, and quite fancying a Capra, but not if its going to be significantly worse up hill.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve got a mojo HD and I’ll be riding my brothers Capra pro in a few weeks so I’ll report back if you’re still interested? If it is the similar i’ll be ordering when the 2015 bikes come out

ekul
    Free Member

My bro had a ride of his mates’ Capra (albeit only at swinley) but said it felt like a DH bike to sit on but when it came to going uphill he said he could just feel everything stiffen up. He was really impressed with it and currently rides a SC Nomad for comparison. According to the owner it took a lot of fiddling to get the BOS fork and shock sorted though.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve got a mojo HD and I’ll be riding my brothers Capra pro in a few weeks so I’ll report back if you’re still interested

Yes definitely interested.

I wouldn’t go for the bos equipped bike I don’t think, probably just go for the mid level bike.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It climbed about as well as any other reasonably light 160mm travel bike i’ve ridden.

Probably about the same as my Nomad.

The Climb mode on the shock made a decent difference IMO (but then it tends to on these longer travel bikes).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

According to the owner it took a lot of fiddling to get the BOS fork and shock sorted though.

Sounds normal. I’ve had my Devilles for months now and still don’t feel ‘right’. Going to get them to Stif for a service and get them to help set them up for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

For the money, I’d get the cheapest one. The only difference seems to be XO1 vs X9.

Rosss
    Free Member

Cheapest is 2×10 whereas the comp 1 (green) is 1×11, that’s probably the one I’ll be buying but the new colours and specs are due around January so worth holding off for them now.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Any news on what the changes for 2015 will be, or any pictures about?

squealer
    Free Member

So for a big bike they’re at the better end of the climbing spectrum? Better than a mojo hd?

Currently have a fairly heavily built mojo hd you see, and quite fancying a Capra, but not if its going to be significantly worse up hill.

well, i’ve just gone from a mojo HD to a capra so i can probably help. It’s pretty simply really, the capra is better at everything!

julians
    Free Member

well, i’ve just gone from a mojo HD to a capra so i can probably help. It’s pretty simply really, the capra is better at everything!

Doh, that statement may have cost me a lot of cash.

Its really better at climbing?

hora
    Free Member

So sooooo jealousy crazy jealous of you OP. Darn. I’d love a Capra 🙁

mrflaky
    Free Member

Yep mine came set up euro style, but easy thing to swap over with the mounts etc, took me five mins.

As for real world experience, I can say it does feel like a DH bike on the downs, but climbs surprisingly well, obviously not as well as a shorter travel bike and for me it is miles better than the Commencal it replaced.

Did take me a while to get the BOS sorted and still not quite there but again gives you an excuse to stop and get your breath back in the name of “tuning”!

Personally really happy with it so far, only thing I will be changing any time soon is some decent mud tyres for the winter!

LoCo
    Free Member

Why oh why can’t they build an xl so big people can fit on it 👿

scaled
    Free Member

How big is ‘big’ loco? I’m 6’2 (all right, i’ve got short legs) but felt like I was on the cusp between medium and large when I swung a leg over a couple that i’ve seen about.

Went for the large in the end, still awaiting delivery, these threads are helping 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You must like your bikes small then. The large is most definitely not a big large, it’s about average.

Compared to other manufacturers who are pushing the boundaries it’s smaller than some of their mediums!

LoCo
    Free Member

6’3″ on a good, day so a large Capra is way too small, currently ride a 21.5 Remedy with 35mm stem,could get away with a 23″ if they made one (think they may have done)

aroche
    Free Member

How do you Capra guys feel the bike is on less steep downhill, trail stuff- just wondering if its too much bike for not so “DH” singletrack.
    I know its not a trail bike obviously, – but, is it nimble and does it respond well when you put the hammer down?
    I had a Nukeproof Mega AM but found it a bit too heavy for my liking, – more monster truck than agile. On the other hand I currently ride a Transition Bandit and would like someting a bit more suited to enduro racing. I also have a DH bike fwiw.
    Any thoughts?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Am I pissing in the wind at 6’2 getting a large?

sonofozzz1
    Free Member

The capra is amazing everywhere. Up, down, on the flat you name it. I’ve had mine just over a month. Pedalled it round the beast, Penmachno 1and2 the blade twice even flat Swinley and it was no slower or harder than on my sub 25lb Superlight. Was amazing at Forest of Dean uplift today too.
    I’ve got a comp1 by the way. I decided against the BOS suspension because I thought it might be more trouble to get fixed in a hurry if anything went wrong. The rockshox performance isn’t far off it anyway. The only bad thing about the bike is the hubs. The e13 wheels are light and stiff but hub sealing is non existent they will last about 2 minutes.
    Best bike I’ve ever riden though and the only truly uncompromised do it all bike.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Yt capra pro’ is closed to new replies.