Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • YT Capra Dropper adjusting
  • chrisyork

Hi, hope someone might be able to help…

I’ve got a 2017 YT Capra Al Comp with an E*Thirteen seatpost. The post (not the extendable bit) only comes 1 inch out of the frame and me being 6’1 and legs like a stork need the post to come out the frame more than that.

Has anyone fiddled with one before? This suggests to me that the cable is far too short so as soon as i pull on the seatpost, the cable isn’t long enough to allow the seatpost to move out of the frame but i might be incorrect?

Is it just the case of unhooking from the lever and then replacing with a longer cable?

Any thoughts?

Liftman

What make of dropper do you have

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Depends how much more you need and whether its a cable or hydraulic dropper! Have you loosened any cable clamps holding the cable in place on the frame? You might find there’s enough slack to just feed a bit more through.

chrisyork

Sorry forgot to put it in, it’s an E*Thirteen post. They are internally routed and a cable connects to the bottom of the seatpost from what i understand.

Found a few teardown videos but nothing shows how it’s actually connected.

chrisyork

Ashy as far as i know it’s Cable, not loosened any cable clamps as i’d expect the length of cable can’t be adjusted from that alone but i might be wrong

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Cable then and almost certainly attached at the base of the post. How is the cable outer secured on the frame?

Edit. You should be able to loosen any cable clamps and pull the outer through. Most new bikes I’ve had tend to have overly long cables anyway, so you might be in luck.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Happy to have a look at it for you if you’re in York as your name suggests

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

chrisyork

Hmmmm it’s internally routed through the frame and goes in through the headtube and i don’t think it sees daylight again…

Thanks for the suggestion i’ll take a look tonight and see if anything can be done with that

chrisyork

yes that’s the design and i have a feeling the black outer and indeed the cable is just at full stretch so the post physically can’t come up any higher than 1 inch, thanks YT!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Is there no slack in the outer at the bars? I.e. overly long loop?

chrisyork

Yes I actually think there is so if I pull some more of that through that essentially gives me more cable does it

chrisyork

I assume the cable would be a fixed length and didn’t think that pulling it from either sideOr making any changes that way would help but then again the last thing I maintained with cable was a V brake many years ago

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

The cable is fixed length but if there’s more slack than you need at the bars you can pull the whole thing through and raise the post a bit.

chrisyork

Ahh that makes sense tbh as the cable doesn’t ra ttle around suggesting that it’s fixed in position at the front, pulling more through then tightening it would allow the post to move up more….I’d check tonight but it’s blowing like crazy out there! Now all I need is a stronger spring on my dropper too as it won’t stay fixed at the top position due to the spring inside not being strong enough!!

andykentos
    Free Member

Stronger spring?

Maybe i have missed something but normally cable actuated droppers are easy to adjust, if you need more seatpost then you can always cut the cable and put a new one in with a standard gear cable, assuming the factory one was to short once all the excess was pulled through.

At one end or other will be a cinch bolt for the cable tension, hopefully at the bars, in my experience made it a lot easier to adjust the tension.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

There was an issue with some of the E13 droppers. I believe if you get in touch with them they’ll send out a stronger spring.

chrisyork

Thanks Ashy just wanted to say I took your advice…. moved cable through the cable stops when they were loosened and up came the seatpost! Took it all the way out, greased the seattube slightly so it moves smoother now should I want to actually move the physical post about (probably rare) , only issue I’ve found is the spring action is even weaker now so it definitely needs a stronger spring in the mechanism I think!!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

No problems, glad it worked! Re. The spring.. Check you’ve not overtightened the seatpost, they’re quite easy to overtighten which means it struggles to come back up properly!
    Chris

chrisyork

Nice one I’ll weaken it off when I can in that case, could do with a. Torque wrench so I get the correct torque on things rather than nip it then tighten…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘YT Capra Dropper adjusting’ is closed to new replies.