Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • YT Capra CF Pro 2016 Frame Size Dilemma
  • Helga
    Free Member

Good evening,

I have a question about the sizings for the 2016 Capra CF Pro. I feel that my measurements put me on the cusp of the small and medium frame sizes and I’m not sure which size to choose.

Sadly a test ride is not possible.

Could anyone, whose dimensions are similar to mine, give me some feedback on the small and medium frames.

I am 173 cm in height (5,8”) my arm span is 179,7 cm, (70,74”) giving me positive ape index of 6.069 cm. My inside leg is 81.2 cm. (32”) My stand over height is 78,74cm. ( 31”). I’m 61.5 kg.

On YT’s website they say a small frame is suitable for people up to 174 cm in height. My concern is that the top tube is quite short: on the small it is: 557,7 mm and on the medium it is: 582,1 mm. Yet the stand over is quite high: on the small it is: 752,3 mm and the medium is 750,5 mm. I have a long reach and I would be left with about 3 cm space stand over on both the small and medium frames. My main concern is that if I choose the small, the top tube will be too short for me.

I have also contacted YT for advice.

I look forward to hearing your views.

Many thanks,

Helen

mattkkitch

I’m on the YT owners page on Facebook and general consensus for people between sizes is go for the bigger one.

hoke
    Free Member

You’re a girl. unless you’re one of the incredibly rare girls who can wheelie, bunny hop and manual ANY bike. go shorter.

folk will tell you it’s chainstay length that’s the important measurement for ease of performing all of the above basic skills. They’re wrong.

I’d much rather have a bike a couple of inches too big, rather than one a couple of inches too small

WhiteRussian
    Free Member

I’m five foot 9 and have a medium 2015 Capra AL1. Medium is perfect even feels quite compact at my size.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I’m just over 5’10 with a 32” leg, and on a medium. YT industries UK on Facebook has loads about sizing, all of which is subjective, but you could ask on it to see if anyone is local to you, so you could have a sit on either, or both, they do seem to be quite a helpful bunch

zero-cool
    Free Member

The GF is 5’5″ and the small fits here. I’m 5’11” and the large is about right for me. So I’d go for medium if I was you.

Helga
    Free Member

Thanks for all of your replies, they’ve been helpful. I’ll take a look at the YT FB page.

legend
    Free Member

hoke – Member

You’re a girl.

Insightful

unless you’re one of the incredibly rare girls who can wheelie, bunny hop and manual ANY bike. go shorter.

folk will tell you it’s chainstay length that’s the important measurement for ease of performing all of the above basic skills. They’re wrong.

You’ve missed the part about the wheel size being wrong 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘YT Capra CF Pro 2016 Frame Size Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.