Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • YT 2015 Range disclosed
  • aroche
    Free Member

Here they are:
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/feature/YT-Industries-Opens-North-America-Oceania-Markets-and-Launches-2015-Range,301
    thoughts? – Unreal prices still there, pity they didn’t change wheels, Pro Race looks interesting, will probably order one, – pity they kept the skinny mavics though

munkyboy
    Free Member

Link doesn’t work? Did vital post too early? What were the highlights and what were the 2015 Capras like (colours?)

stevede
    Free Member

Yeah looks like Vital may have jumped the gun! Link not working. I’m guessing by OP’s comments that the cheaper Capras are still coming with the dodgy E13 wheels and the pro with the crossmax enduros. I was expecting a change of wheels for all the Capra range with the top end one going with the more suitable crossmax enduro xl’s. I doubt they will lose sales though.

Bregante

Link works here

kimbers

Link works fine for me too

Still bargainous !

aroche
    Free Member

I’ve a feeling vital jumped the gun a bit alright, there are no links to it yet on their site,

Paste this into your browser, it still works for me

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/feature/YT-Industries-Opens-North-America-Oceania-Markets-and-Launches-2015-Range,301

Right click, View and Zoom on images below for High Res.

New Pro Race:

Rosss
    Free Member

Baby blue pro, Black and white comp 1 or red comp 2

They’ve got it spot on with the colours this year, Shame they didn’t lengthen the TT and lose the E13 wheels though

Superficial
    Free Member

Link works fine for me.

Alu Capra for the masses, surely that will sell like hotcakes. Paint job maybe looks a bit cheap?
    I like the new colours on the carbon capra though – especially the Yeti (ish) Blue!
    Slightly disappointed there’s no real change / update to the carbon capra. I was hoping for bottle cage mounts but I don’t think I am necessarily representative of their target market.
    They’ve put the price up by €200 on the top model with no real spec boost – Unless you particularly like the new colours, I’d save money and go for the old one I think.

Either way, if you’ve just ordered one I doubt you’ll be too gutted.

aroche
    Free Member

Frame was always going to stay the same, – cost of changing carbon moulds/process so soon is just too high.
    TTL works for a lot of people, depending on your height.
    Agree about the wheels, although, the word is that e-13 have changed all their bearings and seals just in the last month.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Can you buy the capra anywhere on interest free credit?

aroche
    Free Member

They’ve put the price up by €200 on the top model with no real spec boost – Unless you particularly like the new colours, I’d save money and go for the old one I think.

Top model has newer FCV BOS forks at 160mm, carbon bars, diff tyres, apex stem.
    Not sure how much better the FCV forks would be though.

tomaso
    Free Member

YT signed the tallest feeerider on the circuit and still don’t do an XL! For that reason I’m oot!

joelm76
    Free Member

hmmm interesting. Can’t see the link, it’s all been taken down I think. Can someone who saw them tell me the colours and rough spec of the Pro Race (or whichever one has BOS suspension) please? Many thanks!

timmys

Text is still available here;
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KK66R4aVQnUJ:www.vitalmtb.com/product/feature/YT-Industries-Opens-North-America-Oceania-Markets-and-Launches-2015-Range,301+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari

Can someone who saw them tell me the colours and rough spec of the Pro Race (or whichever one has BOS suspension) please?

I think there are now two with BOS. The equivalent to the old and the one with the higher spec FCV 160 forks. There was a grey with yellow graphics IIRC.

joelm76
    Free Member

cheers! I must get better at the internet in 2015…

cubemeup
    Free Member

cant open any of the photos

cubemeup
    Free Member

cant anyone put up the photos?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

One of my riding friends will be dissapointed, he was hoping they were going to make them a proper size this year.

This all despite another who’s got one & had 2 separate cracks on it & not had a bike he can ride for months at a time 🙄

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

likewise, look good value, and get good reviews, possibly a bit fragile for a long travel hard hitting bike…

also lack of big enough sizes means its not a problem for me, and Id be looking at canyon for a CF enduro bike….

BoardinBob

This all despite another who’s got one & had 2 separate cracks on it & not had a bike he can ride for months at a time

Yes, because no other bike brand in history has ever suffered a cracked model 🙄

AlexSimon

Were the TT lengths identical to 2014?

AlexSimon

Did anyone see the Capra Origin AL models? Were they different to the old aluminium models?

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Neither links work for me…anyone save any of the specs or images?

AlexSimon

All I can see now, is low-res google cache images:
    At the top here:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vital+yt+launch+2015&biw=1055&bih=1040&source=lnms&tbm=isch&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ei=GRzCVKPbK8bP7Qa65YDwCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#q=vital+yt+launch+2015&tbm=isch&tbas=0&imgdii=_

text about the capra pro:

The Capra CF was a monumental success for YT in 2014, so as expected, no significant changes have been made to the 2015 bike. The frame stays exactly the same, but sees the introduction of new colorways (now 7 in total), spread out over the 4 models available. At the top of the line we find a new “Pro Race” model, which features the FCV version of the BOS Deville fork @ 160-mm travel, carbon Fatbar from Renthal, and Mavic’s Crossmax Enduro wheels. The claimed weight for a size S without pedals is 12.9kgs. The whole Capra CF line moves to SRAM’s new Guide brake, and will roll out on Maxxis HR2 instead of last year’s Continental Trail Kings.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes, because no other bike brand in history has ever suffered a cracked model

Protective Snapra owner? 😛

Not quite the bargain he hoped it would be, after selling the E13 wheels which also fell apart & having buy something else…

aroche
    Free Member

Protective Snapra owner?

Not quite the bargain he hoped it would be, after selling the E13 wheels which also fell apart & having buy something else…

Its well known that there were tolerance problems with the mech hanger, – the chainstays have been redesigned. All new models have the redesigned ones and YT are replacing any existing ones promptly.

Basically, its down to teething problems that are now sorted.

chakaping
    Free Member

No 29ers/shorter travel trail bikes still?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Its well known that there were tolerance problems with the mech hanger, – the chainstays have been redesigned. All new models have the redesigned ones and YT are replacing any existing ones promptly.

Basically, its down to teething problems that are now sorted.

Yes, that was one of his cracking issues. The other was the front triangle, around the linkage.

He’s since found other people who have found cracks around the head tube too, along with others who have complained about cracks around the BB area.

coogan
    Free Member

This one of the new ones?

aroche
    Free Member

This one of the new ones?

Thats the demo version from last year, – but the Pro Race version looks almost exectly like that, – forks are 160mm though.

BoardinBob

Protective Snapra owner

Nope

waldo1
    Free Member

waldo1
    Free Member

Here you go, pro race, 170,160mm

AlexSimon

Poor tyre alignment – I’m out 🙂

woodster

Looks like the Alu Capra models are going to be awesome. Great specs and prices, I’ll have to get saving.

woodster

Under £2k for this seems like a bargain for all the bike I could want.

AlexSimon

That Origin Al 1 does look good.
    They missed an opportunity to lengthen the reach though.

stevede
    Free Member

Unlike the new ‘budget’ Nomad at least the budget Capra is an actual bargain, sub 2k for either of the origin models is a steal, I should imagine they’ll sell by the truckload.

tomaso
    Free Member

If you buy a Giant Reign from Europe it’s cheaper and has some lesser components but better back up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘YT 2015 Range disclosed’ is closed to new replies.