• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You've been framed
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

After watching it last night on tv and it being filled with old / american home vids – I’m starting to wonder if this ‘£250 if we play your video’ is a big myth.

After sending in a hilarious crash my mate did on the see-saw at Glentress and not hearing anything for 2 years, I also wonder what the turnaround time is for people who send videos and get the money?

So, is anybody here £250 better off thanks to ‘You’ve been framed’?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am guessing your vid was not that funny, or rejected for another reason?

Agree they tend to use old footage, still ace tv IMO!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, a few years ago I sent in a film of my mate jumping on the bonnet of a Landy on Mastiles Lane (to try to get traction to release it from a big muddy hole) then slipping and falling head-first into the mud and never heard a thing either. I gave up hope ages ago.

dizcostix
    Free Member

my point is not about the quality of the video sent in.

I’m just on a quest to know if anyone has actually received £250

cynic-al
    Free Member

Am pretty sure a friend of my sister got a film in.

dizcostix
    Free Member

What was the turnaround time on sending it in to getting the dough?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dunno, it was 20+ years ago.

nbt

I’ve sent in a few videos via the website. They’ve all been rejected after abuot 3 or 4 monhts

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I think it’s about 6 months turnaround?

xc-steve
    Free Member

It’s amazing so much gets rejected yet they still re-use clips! Not taking anything away from You’ve been framed mind… defiantly not the only reason I own a TV… well that and TV Burp!

djglover
    Free Member

Dont forget that people like laughing at Kids and fat people, so if your video doesn’t contain these then there is little change of getting on

Pook

I sent a great clip of a cross coming in from the left wing and smacking a defender clean in the nuts. He collapsed in a heap to massive laughs from everyone around.

Nothing.

TimP
    Free Member

Last night’s episode had a bit in slow motion at the end which somehow made it even funnier.

mtbfix

Long may Harry Hill be the voice over for YBF. He is ace.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yes.. my friend got £250 for this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rK1NmCIlNo[/video]

(forward to 40secs in)

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s amazing so much gets rejected yet they still re-use clips!

I assumed that was because it was cheaper to re-use old clips so it keeps the cost down if they only use, say 10% new footage. Nothing to do with the availabily / quality of new clips. The back-catalogue must be huge.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Sent in a clip of me coming a right cropper on the small gap jump in the freeride area at gisburn last summer.Got an email early this year saying that they didn’t want it.Quite surprised they rejected it because everyone who has seen it has pissed there sides watching it.
    And no,I’m not posting it on here!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

everyone who has seen it has pissed there sides watching it.

How about a video of that?? I’ll give you 250p to see that, for scientific purposes only mind.

oldgit
    Free Member

Dont forget that people like laughing at Kids and fat people, so if your video doesn’t contain these then there is little change of getting on

Hang on, this is a mountainbikers website it’s full of kids and fat people.

fivespot
    Free Member

My brother-in-law got £250 22 years ago for a video of me rolling a grasstrack mini………..And they still only give £250 today……….tight barstewards 🙄

dizcostix
    Free Member

they clearly lost loads of money dishing it out when £250 was ‘worth’ a lot more. and now they use archived footage whilst advertising the £250 without ever giving it out!

Edit: why can’t i even see the video on my screen?

molgrips
    Free Member

Come on bjj!

DezB
    Free Member

AJ meets BBQ has nothing on that old bid falling off the bridge this week. Me and my kid were in stitches. Even after we’d rewound it for the 5th time 😆

DezB
    Free Member

And yeah – I sent in a great one of the boy banging his head on my steering wheel, beeping the horn, then the other week – an AMERICAN one shittier than mine!
    Then there was one of me crashing on the kid’s bike, which got ignored.
    A baby smiling at the camera in a cute, but slightly amusing way is obviously the best way to make £250.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘You've been framed’ is closed to new replies.