Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Youtube, Vimeo or other for uploading of vids?
  • twang
    Free Member

I’ve been having a play with a mates gopro – not really sure what I’m doing but enjoying playing about.
    So, where’s the best place to share my rubbish efforts?

Cheers 🙂

AlexSimon

YouTube is the most universal and easily accessed on more devices.

Vimeo is higher quality.

Both can be embedded on this forum.

Both are free, so you could always stick it on both.

andytherocketeer

Vimeo if it’s going to have (non-free) music in it
    Youtube if it’s not

my preference is without.

twang
    Free Member

Ahh ok, didn’t realise vimeo was better quality.
    Music’s a tricky one, not sure if I’ll bother – does 80’s punk work with a MTB vid? 😉

Thanks for your help

andytherocketeer

80% of vids with music on Youtube are blocked in Germany by the (not very constitutional) recording industry cartel. I see the GEMA warning that blocks the entire vid as a **** music alert 😉 If they simply muted it I’d be happy. Much prefer the sound of bikes on trails 🙂

AlexSimon

Yes, the music thing is becoming a pain on YouTube.
    Even properly licensed music tracks, don’t always play when embedded in a site, because the license needs to be applied to the site (which is stupid).

This could see a swing towards Vimeo for certain niches.

Northwind

Yep, I switched to Vimeo because of youtube’s hopeless music policy. I gave up after having a track that was uploaded with one of their authorised songs on it “silenced”, then never getting a response to the appeals process at all.

davidjohn
    Free Member

Vimeo is your best choice for sure.. IMO.

I’m up to Vimeo vid number 138 now and I will never do another uTube vid after having the sound pulled from so many in the past … Jeez I hate it when they do that .. It never happens with Vimeo.. The quality of the vid and download process is also easier with Vimeo.

My vids are mostly stand up paddle board tests and downwinders.. Here’s one that I did last week when I tested the new 14′ Coreban Dart downwind board.. http://vimeo.com/52104563

DJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Youtube, Vimeo or other for uploading of vids?’ is closed to new replies.