Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Youtube and adverts – how do I get rid of them?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Youtube appears to have started putting unavoidable adverts at the beginning of each and every video that I try to play. How do I avoid them as some of them are minutes long?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Watch a different video.
    Go on Vimeo.

GrahamS

Not sure if there is a technical solution but I just mentally switch off, wait 5 seconds then press the Skip Ad button.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s only on Youtube Partners channels generally. The bigger the channel the more adverts or more annoyingly frequent/long.

I don’t mind them for the most part because it’s how the content creators get paid, and even then it’s buttons per view – if it’s good content then it’s worth waiting 5-30 seconds for.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

See it didnt annoy me when there was a skip button after 5 seconds, but one a lot of the there isnt one.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

There’s a thing called ad *cough* block. Google it…

GrahamS

Not seen any with compulsory full-length adverts – that would prompt an instant Unsubcribe unless I really liked the channel.

*cough* doesn’t work on YouTube adverts does it?
    Be kinda hard for it to block videos from YouTube when that’s what you want to watch!

PlopNofear
    Free Member

It works perfectly with Youtube. You have to disable it for 4OD though, and maybe some other streaming sites.

Note: You can add things to a whitelist, so sites like this for example will still get your ad revenue.

jimjam
    Free Member

PlopNofear

Note: You can add things to a whitelist, so sites like this for example will still get your ad revenue.

It’s worth mentioning that you’re denying youtube content creators the ad views that give them any sort of income by using adblock( ?? a duh bulockuh). Again, I couldn’t really care less with some behemoth like IGN or Machinima etc but if it’s an individual or small channel that I like I’ll watch the ads.

willard

AdBlock seems to work. Not seen an add on YouTube since I installed it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Youtube and adverts – how do I get rid of them?’ is closed to new replies.