Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Youth MTB Events in the North West?
  • My son is very easily out pacing me these days and it would be good for him to get out with his own age group to push him a bit more. He’s 15.

Any ideas?

gkeeffe

My boy is 15 too and doing the same. Where are you??

Hi Greg

We’re in Prestwich North Manchester and riding Local Pennines and Calderdale.

Fancy a meet up??

Cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

This time of year, nothing. Get down to the NWCCA cross races, they’re pretty much every weekend until the end of November and then one the day after boxing day.

Be warned though, there are some seriously fast U16’s

mick_r

NWCCA cross race at Rossendale on Sunday – that is also the most mtb friendly of the courses (but quite brutal so suits a rigid or hardtail more than a heavy full sus…..). Just turn up and enter (no need to join the league). All abilities so he’s very unlikely to be last, but just prepare him it will be 30 mins FLAT out and some kids are quick.

Just check his birthday as age range at CX runs 6 months ish ahead of mtb. Junior race is longer / later in the day.

Youth – born 2001 to 2004
    Youth – Under 16 – born 2001 or 2002
    Youth – Under 14 born 2003 or 2004
    Junior born 1999 or 2000

Midweek Madness races over summer had youth riding with adults for a reduced race duration which worked well – apart from the boy still catching me despite a head start 🙂

Nutcracker races start again around March (mostly Yorkshire / Cumbria).

My kids have both done challenge rides in places like the Lakes – Dean Barwick, Sam Houghton etc (plenty of other kids doing them).

If you go on Sunday say hi (my boys are both racing in youth – Ribble Valley juniors kit).

gkeeffe

Hi

That would be great. we usually ride in the Lakes – but are from S Manchester, Chorlton. We’re up in the Lakes this weekend if you fancy it – or we could meet somewhere else another weekend. my email is gdotkeeffeatmedotcom..

Greg

Nice one lads. Some good pointers there. My lad likes the look of the cyclocross series. We’ll ride up on sunday and take a look or even enter!

Hi Greg – I’ll drop you an email if you fancy meeting up for the ride upto the CX event?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Youth MTB Events in the North West?’ is closed to new replies.