Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Youth Cycling Certificates?
  • Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Hey guys.

Need some advice.

I’m trying to find a cycling specific certification scheme for my more challenging students. (Then again, they are all **** mad as I work in a PRU!) I’ve used ASDAN, COPE, AQA Unit Award and the Youth Achievement Award in the past and already train my students to Bikeability stands, but I’m looking for a National Governing Body style training program for young people.

I’ve been all over the CTC and British Cycling websites but can’t find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

email me – i may well have the perfect solution. where are you based?

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Cheers Cruz

I’ve e-mailed you.

Trekster
    Junkyard
    Free Member

We are not allowed to call them PRU anymore
    I am sure another certificate for the ROA will be all the difference between success and NEET 😉

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Yeah! South West Devon Personalised Learning Service is sooooooo much more catchy than PRU.

ohhh Junkyard you cynic!

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Trekster. Cheers for the link.

Looks interesting but still trying to get my head around the website. Can’t make up my mind if its exactly what I’m looking for or if someone is trying to sell me a time-share apartment. Lots of management speak and jingoism’s such as “Orientation Event” and “facilitation.” Bet the phrase “blue sky thinking” is somewhere in there as well.”

rob-jackson
    Free Member

simon – that i what we are offering. james will email you soon

twosheds
    Free Member

Interesting. S-S Ive been looking for something similar for yoofs that attend some of our yoof clubs. Let me know what you come up with…….

Trekster

Simon_Semtex – Member
    Trekster. Cheers for the link.

Jim Riach is the guy who developed the S/MBL awards from scratch in association with Glenmore Lodge http://www.glenmorelodge.org.uk/ along with my friend and S/MBL tutor Greg Knowles. At the time it was in response to LEA`s requiring school teachers, outdoor education types and youth leaders to be qualified leaders in all outdoor diciplines following the kyaking incident(death)on the South coast many yrs ago.
    Rik @ Drumlanrig has cert nbr 1, I should have had cert nbr 2(or 1)but….another story!!!

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Cheers guys thanks for the advice.

Cruz… Lookin forward to having a chat with James.

Thanks Trekster. Hopefully should get something put in place for Sept.

Remember, I’m looking for something that I can deliver myself. Already have a fleet of bikes and I’m already well qualified. I’m pretty handy ya know. Even rewired my house last year (but only after reading a really good Readers Digest book from the library.)

I’m not looking for someone to come in and charge me £25.00 per student for something I could do myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Youth Cycling Certificates?’ is closed to new replies.