Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • "You're weird …" and "You're obsessed with your bike and riding …"
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Have you got a dog that needs walking ? mine needs a run in the woods I cant keep up so I have to take my bike!!

speaker2animals

Only do 50 – 60 miles and with the time you save go into the nearest pub to your house, get lathered then go home. She'll then think you are a normal bloke and shut up.

Or she'll find another bloke (or lass).

juiced
    Free Member

tell her you need to clear out your left hand side of the brain from the weeks rigours. Tis a fact!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PenrodPooch
    Free Member

have a danger ****, it can be as thrilling as DH racing, more pleasurable and you dont even have to leave your house

brakes
    Free Member

I like to tell the wife that I've been mountain biking longer than we've been together and it's a case of last in first out

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You want to try f**king off to the alps for a week while your missus is mid term.

Trekster

Got 2 kids, 2 grandkids + another on the way so still got same problems 😕
    Luckily I work shifts 😀
    Although this is a bad weekend/week. Nights at weekend, grandson till tomorrow and a meeting to attend Wed before back to work Thurs and 12hr nights again at weekend.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Is this a serious discussion or are you taking the piss?

ratherbeintobago

understands that it's not just some masochistic exercise thing.

It isn't? 😮

Andy

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

We all love riding, I myself have posted at least two threads bemoaning lack of £s and understanding in my household.

It keeps me sane and gives me that brief thrill of danger that helps remind me there is more to life than middle management and life behind a desk for the sake of a three bed semi and a car loan.

however

riding a bicycle is a hobby, something which I fit in around my life alongside of competing priorities. My wife is 5 months gone and is the focus of all my attention, she is carrying my child and that's a damn sight more than a set of welded tubes or anyone one this forum is likely to do for me (no offers please 😉 ).
    Having had a childhood where I infrequently saw my dad due to his combining a vocation and a job to the point where we never did anything togther and are now virtual strangers I know that a hobby is not a priority over a family. Do you really want to risk losing your wife and being seperated from your child because you had to go over the hills and far away on an inanimate object obsesivly?

Just try a bit of compromise, I'm assuming you're not aged eighty so I'm sure a period of reduced biking can be made up for in the future.

spacemonkey

All comments taken on-board – I'm going to lessen my bike time and see things more from her perspective. However, if she encourages me to go out then I will – that's what she's done in the past.

Cheers all

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘"You're weird …" and "You're obsessed with your bike and riding …"’ is closed to new replies.