Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Your Worst Riding Weather
  • Paceman
    Free Member

The last 7-10 days has got to be the worst riding weather for me. I don't mind wet and mud for the extra challenge, and cold is just a poor choice of clothing, but the gale-force winds we've been having combined with heavy showers is just a NIGHTMARE… the worst weather conditions for me. 😡

BigJohn

Warm, dry and sunny. Can't stand it.

allmountain76
    Free Member

yesterday we had –
    sun (2 minutes)
    heavy rain (3 hours)
    hail (10 minutes)
    wind (all day at 30 knots)
    Round Satterthwaite and Grizedale.

Saw 2 other bikes all day

Still loved it though, adds to the challenge and the wind has to be on our back at some point on a loop?

Its never a NIGHTMARE on a bike. Whatever the weather.

will
    Free Member

wind and rain together. Best is frosty sunny mornings. Can't wait for them again

Paceman
    Free Member

Frosty sunny mornings are ace.

bigbloke
    Free Member

i hate wind be it summer or winter

AndyP
    Free Member

black ice. Otherwise it's all good. Windy rides rock.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Wind definately – actually make that the severe gales that we've been having for most of the last 10 days – highest wind speed recorded so far = 92 mph!

When accompanied by torrential rain and hail, then the overall effect becomes somewhat more unpleasant …

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ice – because it means I can't ride. Well I can but I fall off and slide along the ground which isn't really good.

Wet, dark and windy conditions are hard, but hard is good. Riding in the wind is a mental thing more than anything – I used to hate it but then realised that it makes me stronger and you just have to put your head down and get on with it.

keavo
    Free Member

hot and humid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Your Worst Riding Weather’ is closed to new replies.