Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Seems to be working ok, his mum's just posted..
    Assuming you can get the flash site to load, it's in the bottom left corner.

BigDummy
    Free Member

That may work Chris, I take your point.

kimbers

cheers chrisb46 heres my post

Well James, I must say until you wrote something about trying to make cyclists crash id never even heard of you, now ive seen your web page and realised you are the 'not respected like the other cooks on there' one of saturday kitchen.
    I must say I really like the soft focus shot of you at the top of the page, with your serious stare and slight designer stubble.
    But lets face it, youre a bit flabby right? face is pretty jowly you know obesity is a major cause of impotence, I think some cycling would be good for you de-clog the arteries,lower the old cholestrol, get the lil man standing to attention at command again.
    Instead of scraping out your D-list celeb existence writing for a paper affectionately know as the daily hate mail (and with articles like yours we can see the bigotry shine through) as a 4th rate copy of jeremy clarckson meets gordon ramsey.

chrisb46
    Free Member

His blog is an open invitation to have some fun. Completely unmoderated, doesn't require registration, lots of real people who are actually real fans of the bell-end.

Wikipedia article has been cleaned up, unfortunately.

ourmaninthenorth

Ever heard of "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?

Isn't this just a large ploy in a book sales pitch (TV cooks – is he actually a chef? – usually have various books out trotting out tedious recipes no-one wishes to cook for vast sums because they're paper backs.

I tell you, you'd need to do some cycling after eating his food: it's all butter, double cream and an extra serving of lard on the side….

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

his site has crashed, all flash and no content now 😆

it's gone viral people 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Let's get him fired like Russell Brand.

We just need to get the Daily Mail on our side.

Oh.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Daily Mail have closed and hidden comments on the article

poppa
    Free Member

Bradley Wiggins and Robbie McEwen have now posted angry (and sweary) tweets about him now. Cripes.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

so he deliberately ran cyclists off the road, observed the effect then drove off. is that not a driving offence?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Has he got a restaurant I wonder?

(I'm looking to book a table for 8 )

Dark-Side

You can't edit his Wiki page or comment on his blogs anymore but you can still edit the Saturday Kitchen page…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Kitchen

chakaping
    Free Member

I suspect it probably never happened though, and that he made it up.

Which would make it sweetly ironic if he gets in trouble now.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Alternatively, apply to be on the live Satuday kitchen show……. and rock up in your lycra, c/w fixie……

grahamt1980

saturday kitchen wiki
    Plenty of fun to be had

TheBear
    Free Member

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=51.1508809&lon=-1.3032264&z=18&l=0&m=s&v=9

Could go for a ride around his area, its very close to me.

AT
    Free Member

Anybody in Nottingham Market Square on Wednesday ?

Nottingham Food Festival

feenster
    Free Member

…or phone up Saturday kitchen, say you want to ask about a recipe for venison or something, and when you get through say

"Hey Martin, I thought you might know a good recipe for road kill cyclists, as I've just hit a few in my fiesta xr2i and I brought them home; Barbie or Oven?"

PS, I just e-mailed this to my local police, I know, I'm sad, and verging on being daily mail myself, but I feel really strongly that he should get into some sort of trouble for this – totally irrespinsible and insensitive to those cyclist and their families who have been killed/seriously injured by reckless careless drivers.

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to bring a matter to the attention of the police, as I believe an offence has been committed.

My complaint relates to an article published in the Daily Mail. The author is the well known TV chef James Martin. In the article, Mr. Martin gives his account of how when reviewing a performance car he deliberately drove carelessly and recklessly and consequently ran a group of cyclists off the road:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1211917/JAMES-MARTIN-The-Tesla-Roadster-electric-supercar-thats-fast-Ferrari.html (accessed 14th September 2009)

The section that I am complaining about is this:

"Twenty minutes into my test drive I pulled round a leafy bend, enjoying the birdsong – and spotted those damned Spider-Man cyclists. Knowing they wouldn't hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed. The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I think this could be the car for me."

Clearly this incident did not take place in the Lothian & Borders area, but the article does not give any indication where it does take place, therefore I'd be grateful if you could advise me of the best way to progress this complaint.

Yours Faithfully,

….

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Good work whoever has recently updated his wiki page – factually correct, and cited…
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Martin_(chef)

Dark-Side

Could go for a ride around his area, its very close to me.

Group ride? We could get all the forums in on it.

genesis
    Free Member

What area would that be, or am I just being thick.

boobs

Winchester (ish) according to that map

TheBear
    Free Member

Its just a couple of miles outside Winchester. Really easy to find I think.

genesis
    Free Member

Some web pages seem to think he owns the Hotel du Vin in Winchester, phantom bookings for a table of 10?

Bunnyhop

My brother lives on the edge of the 'Castle Howard' estate where James Martin hails from, I think his father works on the estate.
    Shame I'm not nearer or I would consider riding up there with you.

AT
    Free Member

How about visiting his book signings in Nottingham on Wednesday

1.15pm, 2.30pm and 4.45pm, Tonic, Chapel Bar

James Martin will be signing copies of his latest recipe book My Kitchen

Book Signings

Lummox

between winchester and sutton scotney, recently drove along the long road between the two, saw a few darkside riders- think we need a police warning in the area?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

if this is the same Chris Martin, Karma may have taken a hand…
    http://www.visordown.com/snippets/ow-now-that-does-look-painful/8125.html

enjoy.

grahamt1980

bad luck mate, the chefs name is James Martin

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Ah, so it is.

& I doubt James Martin is a BSB rider who hassles bike riders from the safety of a car LOL

kimbers

http://www.teslamotors.com/customer_care/contact_us.php

http://www.teslamotors.com/teslastore/detail.php?s=London
    we could also make sure companies dont want to send him cars to test anymore

Carbis

So what type of legal protest could we do in Nottingham on Wednesday?

gothandy

I thought brad had a few nice things to say on the subject 😉

grumm
    Free Member

It would be quite funny just to walk along behind him nonchalantly then shout BOOO or set off an air horn really loudly into his ear, (perhaps while someone else was filming it for youtube :)) See how he likes it.

😈

samuri
    Free Member

I must be missing an important part of my brain, I can't understand what he's written on twitter. I've looked at other people's too, it's all exactly the same. Do you remember that chap who would talk like he was on a malfunctioning radio? You'd only get to hear snippets of what he was supposed to be saying but because of the order they came in it would be funny.

Twitter is like that, only it's not funny.

gandberg

James made the headlines recently for admitting in an online car review for the Daily Hate Mail that he had intentionally ran cyclists off the road in an electric sports car, surprising as it was thought he would have issues getting his chubby frame into a Tesla and that his weight would have instantly drained the power. In his spare time James likes to eat blocks of butter whist getting aroused by the images in Pro Cycling magazine.

Whoever wrote this needs a medal!

chakaping
    Free Member

Wiggins' Twitter is the best I've read for ages, and I have to look at loads of celeb ones for work.

Wonder what the hotel in Hull did that was so bad.

feenster
    Free Member

This guy managed to get an interview with Rachel Konrad, Tesla’s Senior Communications Manager. Rachel, a cyclist and occasional Critical Mass participant, was in Frankfurt for the upcoming Auto Show and offered to come on The FredCast to explain Tesla’s side of the story. The podcast of the interview is available here:

Haven't heard it yet, as can't access at work, but apparently she has taken a dim view.

Anybody care to transcribe highlights?

paul4stones

She says he's a 'prominent car reviewer in the UK'

Really?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!’ is closed to new replies.